Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wilfried Zaha and Brighton racism

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I do think it's a bit racist and a lot stupid.

Though while I have no idea if Zaha has had malaria a quick Google suggests many of his Cote d'Ivoire colleagues have been struck down

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What’s the problem feller? Were you in the vid by any chance?

The problem being there is nothing to say they are Brighton fans. It's a couple of stupid ignorant kids on a train. We need more information to judge them as our own.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Its racist and twattish. No amount reports to kick it out. the fa, or a club is going to stop a handful of fans being morons. Every club has them and there isnt a fix, just send em all together in a special stand to Russia and they can keep "not surrendering", keep "shooting down german bombers" and (not) represent each club yhen get their heads kicked in giving it large. Problem solved and all clubs, fans and society is a winner

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not at Stoke today, was coaching the school team until 11.30. Any comment about the actual topic though? Interesting you can’t seem to manage to condemn your own fans.
I haven't seen or heard what's happened, so no, I haven't commented on it :shrug:

We always condemn any of our fans who are racist, so I don't understand your point.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Not at Stoke today, was coaching the school team until 11.30. Any comment about the actual topic though? Interesting you can’t seem to manage to condemn your own fans.

There are knobs in every club, including ours. Zaha is a diving cheat but colour or ethnic origin does not come into it and I will happily condemn anybody who is unable to leave that sort of vile cr*p in the past - which ever club they are from.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
The problem being there is nothing to say they are Brighton fans. It's a couple of stupid ignorant kids on a train. We need more information to judge them as our own.

Oh come on TB dont take the moral high ground on this one, its not circumstantial and you know it. I'm sure trains all over the country had people cunningly dressed as football fans and coordinating their train times to coincide with the only PL fixture singing a song about Zaha of a Friday night. Lets not try and defend the indefensible

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
You do realise your team are playing at the moment right?

I don't think he's got anything better to do.

Or indeed anything to do.

Or anyone to do it with.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Oh come on TB dont take the moral high ground on this one, its not circumstantial and you know it. I'm sure trains all over the country had people cunningly dressed as football fans and coordinating their train times to coincide with the only PL fixture singing a song about Zaha of a Friday night. Lets not try and defend the indefensible

I'm not defending anybody. All my years of working for the CPS taught me not to take anything at face value. Man Utd fans didn't like Zaha much either did they?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Banning order from what? Taking the train?

Whilst I appreciate your point regarding racism, and it clearly is racist which is unacceptable and should be condoned (and they should be educated on why its unacceptable), no football club can ban supporters of their club for singing a racist song on a train, just because it’s been caught on Twitter. Such a notion is utterly ludicrous to be honest and has a really strong counter argument based in that crazy notion of free speech.

They can be reported to BTP for racist behaviour on the train, and get charged for a Public Order Act. You'd think the person who recorded it, would've done exactly that, rather than touting it to Burnley fans (yes, I've seen the hashtag twitterclarets on Twitter) to point the finger at us.
Trains have cctv, so it would be easier to identify the culprits and deal with them in the proper manner.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Where is the time stamp and date on the video?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

The problem with that clip is it doesn’t actually show who is doing the chanting.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Where is the time stamp and date on the video?

Desperate. Lets all not play ignorant.or innocent

I'm not saying that video could be used in a court of law.

It'd nothing to be ashamed of (except if you are a sad individual who sings this tripe and happen to sing football songs about Albions rivals best player on a random train at some point somewhere in the county) all clubs have morons. Even if they had been at the game they dont represent everyone . Perhaps they were Man Utd fans who suddenly think singing about Zaha is more important than hating Leeds and Liverpool. Personally I think they have had bigger names not make an impact at their club to gold a grudge against and the majority have probably never heard of him

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
They can be reported to BTP for racist behaviour on the train, and get charged for a Public Order Act. You'd think the person who recorded it, would've done exactly that, rather than touting it to Burnley fans (yes, I've seen the hashtag twitterclarets on Twitter) to point the finger at us.
Trains have cctv, so it would be easier to identify the culprits and deal with them in the proper manner.

I agree. BUT the club can’t do that. It’s in no way within their rights or their power to ban someone based on a twitter video that didn’t happen at their ground.l

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Desperate. Lets all not play ignorant.or innocent

I'm not saying that video could be used in a court of law.

It couldn't be used anywhere to prove anything such is the lack of any context or evidence supporting the insinuation.

That's how a sane logical mind works.

It'd nothing to be ashamed of (except if you are a sad individual who sings this tripe and happen to sing football songs about Albions rivals best player on a random train at some point somewhere in the county) all clubs have morons. Even if they had been at the game they dont represent everyone . Perhaps they were Man Utd fans who suddenly think singing about Zaha is more important than hating Leeds and Liverpool. Personally I think they have had bigger names not make an impact at their club to gold a grudge against and the majority have probably never heard of him

Perhaps it happened 6 months ago, perhaps they are Charlton fans, so many perhaps.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Where’s the racism ? Do only black men get malaria?

No, but as an example I have seen white men washing elephants at the zoo and some white man might have big willies/be hund like an elephant. When said chants are aimed at an African player (say Adebayor) then it is a racist stereotype, and anyone saying otherwise is arguing desperately for the sake of it IMHO

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here