Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong being abused all game.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
You're still troubled by the context I see.

You find the post, then find the post that I was replying to, then we'll have a discussion about it.

I am not troubled by context I am simply askling you once again how your LGBT fan group feels about your fans chants at the game. This is really not a difficult to understand question unless you are a raving homophobic.

Jan 10, 2014
Do you regret targeting a black player with boos over a racial abuse incident which has been unproven?

Yes or no?

Do you actually read other posts on a thread?

It's a silly question, because if you did read other posts you would find the answer.

Jan 10, 2014
I am not troubled by context I am simply askling you once again how your LGBT fan group feels about your fans chants at the game. This is really not a difficult to understand question unless you are a raving homophobic.

Okay.

Let me just get my loud hailer and call them all into a meeting to discuss it.

While we are waiting maybe you can tell us what all the gays and transgenders are thinking about at your end.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Do you actually read other posts on a thread?

It's a silly question, because if you did read other posts you would find the answer.

I did read your responses and they're constantly half answered responses hence why I put a 'yes or no?' in my question.

It seems you fail to have the will to accept you're wrong. Every answer comes with a justifiable reason why your fans have made it harder for black players to report racial abuse. You're comparing what you did on Saturday to booing a ref!?

You've stated that the abuse on saturday wasn't worth it but you'll fight it? Erh? Why don't you just accept your fans were wrong and you hope you'll not do it again? Why turn this into some sort of race war?

What's with the 'we were wrong but we didn't do anything wrong' excuses mixed with pretending you don't understand why people all over the country are offended by your fans behaviour on Saturday? What about accusing the Albion fans of being racist? How does that work when your fans are so enraged by 'one of your own' being accused of racism?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Okay.

Let me just get my loud hailer and call them all into a meeting to discuss it.

While we are waiting maybe you can tell us what all the gays and transgenders are thinking about at your end.

Again its a fan group at your club you dont need a loud hailer you have a contact there. Albion have just announced their partnership with gay pride this year which is the biggest pride event in the UK and I can safely say they think you are homophobics.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

All the ones I've asked just talked about how horrible it was growing up in Burnley. Brighton gave them a new lease of life and an opportunity to come out. By the looks of things, it does seem there's a fair few of your fans who have a phobia of homosexuality. I wonder why? Hhhhhmmmmmm.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
We'll fight being called racists.

Understand it, cry about it or get mad about it.

Goodnight cocker.

Erh? but your fans are claiming we were being racist on Saturday?

Are you saying we should fight that (somehow) or are your fans just going to boo each other at your next match considering your hatred for accusing others of racial abuse?

Good night Mr Confusing. x

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Erh? but your fans are claiming we were being racist on Saturday?

Are you saying we should fight that (somehow) or are your fans just going to boo each other at your next match considering your hatred for accusing others of racial abuse?

Good night Mr Confusing. x

I've obviously lost myself down this rabbit hole, but why is it claimed that we were racist ?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'm glad that you had a nice time up in Burnley.

It's not as bad as its made out on here

You're right, it isn't. However that doesn't mean you don't have a problem.You don't want to be labelled as racists and yet there has been no condemnation of your minority that booed a black player who had made a complaint of racism. Your minority self destructed on Saturday and you are better off without them. As an aside I very much doubt that Jay Rodriguez wants Burnley fans making an issue out of this when it had already been settled.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We'll fight being called racists.Understand it, cry about it or get mad about it.

Goodnight cocker.

To be honest, I am beginning to despair about some of your posts and defences of the booing of Gaetan Bong.

For the record, I don't actually think the booing in itself is a racist act. However you don't seem to be grasping the fact that it is intimidation. It is like saying ''How dare you as a black man call out a white man in (what you perceive to be your country) for making a racist comment or slur.

You are trying to intimidate Gaetan and anyone else who may wish to bring a similar charge in the future. If I am honest it takes you back to 1900s Southern States of the US where any black man or woman dared to speak out would be met by Public Hangings in order to dissuade anyone else ''stepping out of line''(so to speak).

You just don't seem to be grasping THIS particular point and for me that is sad because although your posts are full of ''shit '' they are fairly articulate and that suggests to me that even articulate human beings are not actually grasping the severity of booing Gaetan at the weekend.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Still going with a few then?

Let's face it, it's not the first time this has come up with Burnley, with the Andre Grey / Bradford incident referenced in a number of places. Nor is it the only place that black players are booed. There are well known right wing ultra groups across Europe. Cologne and Lazio spring to mind as do much of the Balkans and Eastern Europe / Russia. The difference is they are quite open, almost proud of it. Yet here we have a thread full of Burnley fans spinning like tops because, deep down, they know it's wrong. I'm actually not sure what's preferable.

As Chris Hughton rightly said it's shameful.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I know for a fact that there was one homosexual in the same stand as your lot (home end), who was chanting that particular ditty.

It's hard to believe that for 90 odd minutes once or twice a week, real life goes out of the window and is replaced by panto stuff.

The nasty singing about Aberfan to Welsh club fans in the 70's (by lots of different English clubs fans) is one that made me feel sick and actually cry.
If the culture of your club means that everyone has to conform to a nasty bigoted ‘normality’ for 90 minutes then perhaps there is something seriously wrong. Have a word with yourself and use you last sentence as a guide. BTW I was there and spent a nice few days in Burnley and met some really nice people, drank in your pubs and enjoyed myself, no problems.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So, Chris Hughton criticised the booing for the message it sends
The FA criticise the booing for the message it sends
Kick it Out criticise the booing for the message it sends.

But its ok, the people who did boo have told us why it was absolute fine.

As long as they are happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here