Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dulwich Hamlet

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
They do it on all the sites they have James, It is their way of getting out of incompetence and rushing jobs. We are not supposed to lay flooring unless the heating and water is on etc etc, we have fitted flooring and when we have finished and hoovering up they have come in with scaffolds and painted the ceilings !! There is movement in timber framed houses and they have issues with subfloor movement alot. Anyway I am on a rant now.... Yours is ok as it is concrete subfloor no issues there.

Hope your all settled in now young man.

Doesn't surprise me to be quite honest - delayed a month as it was, and even then they hadn't actually completely finished it once I was in - was probably best going the back handed route cause at least I got a job I am happy with & could see progressing!

Indeed - seems odd to say it's almost been 5 months end of this month - very happy, although I wish I didn't have to sweep and hoover the bloody kitchen so much! :lolol:

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Dulwich Hamlet have been told to stop using their own name and initials by the owners of their ground...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...k-name-warn-against-further-use-a8242836.html
Good update on this on today's Totally Football Show podcast via an interview with Benji Lanyado of Picfair (DH's sponsors). He is quite upbeat about the situation but urges fans of all clubs to spread this outrageous story far and wide.

Talk of Meadow selling as their redevelopment is now dead in the water, or possibly the council making a compulsory purchase order.

Tomdibble

Mar 5, 2018
West Norwood London
This is tragic . I've been down to see them a couple of times as they are round the corner from me . Great club big following and progressive fan base . They will find refuge hopefully .

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
[TWEET]972182280381911040[/TWEET]

Some good news.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
DHFC are about five mins from my house so go and watch occasionally. They have phenomenal support in the local community and the council are coming out firmly behind them. Even talk that they may impose a compulsory purchase order on the ground from the owners who clearly have now run out of patience and want to kill the club in a hope it will green light their dev plans. It does look like they may need to groundshare somewhere until that happens though.

One of the most surprising things is the club get around 2k supporters per game in the seventh tier yet somehow lose money. Very dodgy.

How could a compulsory purchase order be imposed and on what just the actual ground?

Yoda

English & European
Was just looking at their remaining fixtures. It's a shame that the Worthing fixture is a home game & their trip to Burgess Hill is when we're home to Huddersfield. I'm sure plenty of us would've gone and shown our support for them otherwise.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Went a couple of seasons ago for the game when they go their record home crowd. As some have pointed out they do have a very 'on trend' supporter base which given the proximity does include a large number of Palace STH when they're away from home but still nothing relatively short of scandalous that this type of utter ****ery can still happen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here