• Kazim-Richards

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Calderon

Votes: 64 32.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I think Paddy wins appearance points for resembling someone who’s just asked me for spare change along Western Road.

His wife volunteered at my old work and it seemed like he was just a quiet family guy who married his childhood sweetheart to be honest so basically zero points for off-field flair

But surely he gets MAXIMUM on-field points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In terms of playing style, moments of jaw dropping skill, on-pitch demeanour, grooming and kit-wearing he basically scores almost perfectly.

But incredibly he also scores superbly on the criteria of 'how many competitions did he nearly win, but not quite' i.e. the Jimmy White Score. Runner up in the LoI with Derry, Runner up in the MTL (x3) and Scottish League Cup (x 2) with Celtic. Superb almost but not quite winning.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Calde was pretty flair when he joined us. Rampaging full back, flowing hair, exotic name. T'were simpler times though, we've now got a bloke called Izquierdo with a lemon on his head and I don't even bat an eyelid. Whilst 10 years ago this place would be in meltdown at the slightest hint of a tilde or an umlaut, it is clear now that the goalposts have moved.

Paddy McCourt has everything Calde is missing; namely an unkempt beard probably specked with last night's vomit, and a never say try attitude. Tbh I'd motion for Calde to be disqualified from the competition on the basis of volunteering his spare time to charitable causes.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Calde was pretty flair when he joined us. Rampaging full back, flowing hair, exotic name. T'were simpler times though, we've now got a bloke called Izquierdo with a lemon on his head and a pet pig with its own instagram account and I don't even bat an eyelid. Whilst 10 years ago this place would be in meltdown at the slightest hint of a tilde or an umlaut, it is clear now that the goalposts have moved.

Paddy McCourt has everything Calde is missing; namely an unkempt beard probably specked with last night's vomit, and a never say try attitude. Tbh I'd motion for Calde to be disqualified from the competition on the basis of volunteering his spare time to charitable causes.

Edited for added gravitas.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
In terms of playing style, moments of jaw dropping skill, on-pitch demeanour, grooming and kit-wearing he basically scores almost perfectly.

But incredibly he also scores superbly on the criteria of 'how many competitions did he nearly win, but not quite' i.e. the Jimmy White Score. Runner up in the LoI with Derry, Runner up in the MTL (x3) and Scottish League Cup (x 2) with Celtic. Superb almost but not quite winning.

Good song too......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLgzx33NfQM

:lolol:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Sandaza, bar having long hair, isn’t remotely flair. No off-field shenanigans and no evidence of talent on it.

Skalak has shown some real talent on the pitch and should be doing better than he is. Having a worldie as a missus adds points too.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yeh you've got it really. Things to look out for are:
-skilful but flatters to deceive
-unfulfilled potential
-appearance (long hair etc)
-bad boy lifestyle
-off field shenanigans

Obviously you don't expect someone to tick all the boxes but he really needs to excel in at least one of the above areas to be in contention.

I'm completely at a loss on this. The runaway leader in this group is Calde, can you explain which of those criteria he excels in?

I voted for Skalak, purely on the grounds of that post-promotion picture

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Sandaza, bar having long hair, isn’t remotely flair. No off-field shenanigans and no evidence of talent on it.

Skalak has shown some real talent on the pitch and should be doing better than he is. Having a worldie as a missus adds points too.

I respectfully put it to you, sir, that you've mixed up Jiri's pretty, rather homely young lady, with fellow Czech Ales Mateju's *worldie*.

'Mrs' Skalak:

'Mrs' Mateju:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Assume [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION] has just volunteered to run BHAFC's greatest WAG competition....

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Assume [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION] has just volunteered to run BHAFC's greatest WAG competition....

I follow quite a few of the players and their partners on instagram, to get images and snippets to use in my reports. There certainly is scope for such a contest, but it would be a BIT dodgy, innit. Its fair enough casting votes about which player is flairest / drinks most / has the worst attitude, but they can't be popping on here for a skim, and reading about how the mother of their kids is bang average!

Anyway, Mateju's swimwear model gf would destroy the competition (though Mrs Hemed is also a model, and has some decent swimwear *ammunition* in her locker!).

Only recent competition to the above would have been the sadly departed Mrs Danny Holla. Genuine WORLDIE.

Oct 25, 2003
If you met Paddy McCourt for the first time and had no idea what he did for a living and he asked you to guess what his job was, how long do you think it’ll take you to guess “professional footballer”?. Personally I think it would take me 3 weeks. My first guesses would be: unemployed, unsuccessful drug dealer, Victorian simpleton, farmhand, part time cleaner of a working men’s club, zero hours contract at sports direct, in prison and “traveller”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here