Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tiredness

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Phil Neville hinted at this on MOTD last night, not sure if it's been taken enough into consideration here. Suddenly the team have had to face three games a week. It's a big step up from having a week to recover and prepare for a match, given the intensity of games in this division. Personally I think the Man Utd game took a lot out of them. Sensible that CH wants to try and rotate the squad and rest certain players, but we really need to be at our full strength to get a result. I think we should expect to struggle a bit in the circumstances.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Phil Neville hinted at this on MOTD last night, not sure if it's been taken enough into consideration here. Suddenly the team have had to face three games a week. It's a big step up from having a week to recover and prepare for a match, given the intensity of games in this division. Personally I think the Man Utd game took a lot out of them. Sensible that CH wants to try and rotate the squad and rest certain players, but we really need to be at our full strength to get a result. I think we should expect to struggle a bit in the circumstances.

Has the fight gone out of Brighton thread.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I agree. My only concern is that I don't really see what Chris is doing as rotation. It's more a replacement of a player and then letting him have 2 or 3 games in the side until he's had a bad game. Aside from Bong/Suttner, when a player is rested (e.g. March), they're being rested for a couple of games. Some players, like Murray, appear to be undroppable, irrespective of age and fitness. Is that really a rotation policy to keep players fresh?

Rotation to me is more like one game in, one game out. However, in Chris we trust and he has far more of an idea then I so I'm probably completely wrong!

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Didn’t sound like Huddersfield were ‘knackered’ they’ve played plenty of backs to the wall type games.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

My thoughts exactly

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
They had also just lost four in a row
So presumably had just had a massive kick up the bum and told it was a must-win game, whereas we'd only lost one but it was a demoralising defeat whixh would have knocked our confidence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here