Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] “The fight has gone out of Brighton”

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you imagine they only play football on match days?

At the moment we are having to play most matches defensively, chasing the ball whilst other teams let the ball do the work. And we are doing this whilst using fewer squad members than other teams.

Chris has tried to rotate the squad but we don't have the strength in depth to sustain the standard. At least this has come to light just before the transfer window opens. I expect a busy January for player recruitment.
I can only assume all the people in the 'footballers aren't allowed to be tired' camp, aren't still in the stadium at the final whistle.

Watching the players dragging themselves off the pitch looking dead on their feet, many of them knowing they've got to do it all again in 72 hours time, seems to be the very definition of tired.
For me when I'm dead dog tired, I'm not just physically tired either.

The game plan isn't set up to alleviate any of this either, piling more and more onto the players as they are asked defend and literally 'soak up pressure'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm curious as to why Dale Stephens 'needs' an energy gel midway through the half of most games.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
If we were so terrible today and were going to lose anyway why not bring on Hünemeier , Baldock and Kayal. Get their match fitness up and give a rest to some of the other players.

Strong argument to give them a run out on Wednesday so we get a deeper fully fit squad going

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I can only assume all the people in the 'footballers aren't allowed to be tired' camp, aren't still in the stadium at the final whistle.

Watching the players dragging themselves off the pitch looking dead on their feet, many of them knowing they've got to do it all again in 72 hours time, seems to be the very definition of tired.
For me when I'm dead dog tired, I'm not just physically tired either.

The game plan isn't set up to alleviate any of this either, piling more and more onto the players as they are asked defend and literally 'soak up pressure'.

Agree. Let’s give a run out to those coming back from injury in a “free” game

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So, today we didn't play Kayal, Baldock, Goldson, Huners, Knocky, and off the bench were March and Jose. There is also Sidwell and Leroy, both Prem experienced. There are seven players - plus two - that didn't start today, and we have no decent back up? What a load of old steaming bollocks.

Edit: Missed Hemed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So, today we didn't play Kayal, Baldock, Goldson, Huners, Knocky, and off the bench were March and Jose. There is also Sidwell and Leroy, both Prem experienced. There are seven players - plus two - that didn't start today, and we have no decent back up? What a load of old steaming bollocks.

Blimey have we got that desperate already?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm curious as to why Dale Stephens 'needs' an energy gel midway through the half of most games.

Dale is very jealous of other premier league footballers owning 7 cars and 25 designer watches, he is working as a bricklayer when not playing/ training to make some extra cash, but due to the shortage of hod carriers he has to also run up and down humping bricks around.
I'm not surprised he is tired on a Saturday.

:moo: Some bloke in the pub told me this, not sure if I believe him though. :whistle:

Last edited:

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
This tired argument absolutely grips my shit.

I work 45-50 hours a week, spend an additional 6 hours on top of that in the car commuting, and probably another 5 hours on top of that working from home. Not to mention running a household and all of the associated work that comes with that.

I can still manage (as 3000 others did) to turn up in good voice at Huddersfield on a freezing cold Saturday afternoon in December.

These players train 2 hours a day, 5 times a week, invariably with just one 90 minute game of football at the end of it.

Earning in excess of £20,000 a week for the privilege, I don’t think it’s asking too much for them to turn up and apply a little bit of endeavour and application.

Fatigue is nothing more than a kop out to mask what was at best an abject and gutless performance yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I work 45-50 hours a week, spend an additional 6 hours on top of that in the car commuting, and probably another 5 hours on top of that working from home. Not to mention running a household and all of the associated work that comes with that.

I can still manage (as 3000 others did) to turn up in good voice at Huddersfield on a freezing cold Saturday afternoon in December.

These players train 2 hours a day, 5 times a week, invariably with just one 90 minute game of football at the end of it.

Earning in excess of £20,000 a week for the privilege, I don’t think it’s asking too much for them to turn up and apply a little bit of endeavour and application.

Fatigue is nothing more than a kop out to mask what was at best an abject and gutless performance yesterday.

Absolutely, 100% agree with you. And put on top of that they get the best medical attention money can buy and professionals that tell the coaches how to train them and keep them maximised AND most of these athletes are still kids in their 20s. Tired? Do one.

Edit: AND they have no money worries slushing around in their brains.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

You'd soon feel tired if for 2 hours of the 40 you were completely out of your depth, missing stuff, seeing your best wasn't good enough, knowing any mistake you make will massively impact on all your colleagues.
Not to mention the 30,000 people signing, booing and catcalling the slightest of errors.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
You'd soon feel tired if for 2 hours of the 40 you were completely out of your depth, missing stuff, seeing your best wasn't good enough

No that just sounds like my average day at work.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You'd soon feel tired if for 2 hours of the 40 you were completely out of your depth, missing stuff, seeing your best wasn't good enough, knowing any mistake you make will massively impact on all your colleagues.
Not to mention the 30,000 people signing, booing and catcalling the slightest of errors.

Poor babies, let's wrap them up in cotton wool, oh, they already are.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don’t know why everyone thinks that the Albion are any different from other teams. All teams have bad runs; htfc had just lost 4 in a row and are now seemingly world beaters. Spurs were in crisis and just won 5-1. It’s what happens over a season. No need to analyse the @&@@ out of it.

Newcastle have taken one point from the last 21.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Ahhhhh bless em , maybe professional football isn't for some of our players. ???

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Thats when you have to dig that little bit deeper. Its what top sports people possess. That innate inner strength to keep going when all looks lost. You may not always recover the situation but once in a while you will and the boost that gives is inestimable. Even a late flurry and a goal gives something to cling to and build on. Yesterday, there was none of that. Just players going through the motions and accepting defeat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here