Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton players getting autographs from Liverpool ones...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Perhaps Hughton got narky with Klopp because the latter refused to sign an autograph for him. No, hang on, that would be ridiculous. As would one of our squad players doing the same, even if it was for family or friends :nono:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Boo ****ing hoo. God football fans are a pathetic bunch of self-righteous twats aren’t they? These players got us promoted, and you’re bothered about a signature? Reckon that was why we lost? Reckon they didn’t give their all?

Were you one of those booing Stephens for a bad pass or lamenting Murray for the misses?

Get over it, we are in a league where we are gonna get beaten. They’ve played 3 games in 7 days, 2 of the best teams in a league and a rival.

This.

Duffy and Kayal meeting and playing against world class players, are noteworthy moments to them. Absolutely no harm in them doing this away from the game.

I remember the same bitters claiming Liverpool supporting Dicker, Noone and Elphick wouldn't / didn't give their all in the 2011/12 ties.

Our opponents were a class above and deserved their big win. CH rated them highly in his post match conference.

Bitters need to move on.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I thought Hemed's tweet of him and Ibrahimovic shirt was embarrassing. It's one thing to have it it's another to tweet a picture of him holding/fawning over it.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We really do hold footballers to different standards to everyone else.

I asked Jane Goodall to sign a copy of her book for me when I met her a couple of years ago. This is despite both of us running conservation organisations that focus on great apes, and studying great apes in the wild for much of our lives. She's a huge hero of mine essentially because we do similar jobs - and she's a star of the field. Was I wrong as well?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

I asked Jane Goodall to sign a copy of her book for me when I met her a couple of years ago. This is despite both of us running conservation organisations that focus on great apes, and studying great apes in the wild for much of our lives. She's a huge hero of mine essentially because we do similar jobs - and she's a star of the field. Was I wrong as well?

Sounds like monkey business to me!

(I'm aware that monkeys are not apes but feigning ignorance was necessary for my awful joke)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Before seeking the autograph did you have 28 thousand people following you and thousands back home, all of them totally and utterly caught up on you and your organisation being the best and not having much time for hers as she lit your research on fire then pulled out an AK-47 and peppered your apes with lead?

In all seriousness, it's not really comparable is it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Don’t like it AT ALL.

It betrays a “just pleased to be here” mentality, and portrays our players as starry-eyed, submissive inferiors to our opponents. We are there to COMPETE with these players, not fawn over them. Behave like rival professionals footballers FFS, not starstruck fans. I want to see Duffy booting Salah up the arse all afternoon, not seeing him for a meet-and-greet in the tunnel if he wouldn’t mind signing a shirt Mr Salah please sir, if it’s not too much bother sir.

What could be worse than seeing the BHA team lining up outside the Liverpool dressing room with shirts, hats and whatever other gubbins, marker pens at the ready, waiting to get the merch signed by their “heroes”.

Please don’t do that every time we play a top 6 side chaps. Its demeaning.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Don’t like it AT ALL.

It betrays a “just pleased to be here” mentality, and portrays our players as starry-eyed, submissive inferiors to our opponents. We are there to COMPETE with these players, not fawn over them. Behave like rival professionals footballers FFS, not starstruck fans. I want to see Duffy booting Salah up the arse all afternoon, not seeing him for a meet-and-greet in the tunnel if he wouldn’t mind signing a shirt Mr Salah please sir, if it’s not too much bother sir.

What could be worse than seeing the BHA team lining up outside the Liverpool dressing room with shirts, hats and whatever other gubbins, marker pens at the ready, waiting to get the merch signed by their “heroes”.

Please don’t do that every time we play a top 6 side chaps. Its demeaning.

Or it happens all the time, players are always getting stuff off other players for their kids or their kids friends, and the only time it surfaces is when a top 6 club is involved? Maybe Kayal has an Egyptian nephew who asked him to get a shirt? Actually, I don't really care as it doesn't really bother me.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Or it happens all the time, players are always getting stuff off other players for their kids or their kids friends, and the only time it surfaces is when a top 6 club is involved? Maybe Kayal has an Egyptian nephew who asked him to get a shirt? Actually, I don't really care as it doesn't really bother me.

Totally this

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I won't lose any sleep over it I suppose, but I do find it a bit depressing tbh. Our players are representing BHA as a Premier League club, they're not there as tourists (at least I bloody hope not). I don't care what or who they want the autographs for, I just don't like seeing evidence of our players chasing round after the oppositions looking for their tat to get signed. It does not sit right with me.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Completely agree. Couldn't give a monkey's. Maybe if he was chasing him around the pitch it would be different but I do feel we are being a bit precious about this.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Who really cares, this was supposed to be a private area anyway none of my business what they do other than perform for the club to the utmost of their ability and before someone points out they may have had an off game... it happens and against a very good Liverpool team complete none jealous, pointless story.

They have very short careers in the grand scheme of things, and yes it comes with benefits and this is one when they can look back and show the grandchildren.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
What do people do with autographs? I haven't got any, don't want any but generally interested what people do with them.
Do they look at them periodically or do the sit in cupboards/boxes never to see the light of day again? Did it start as an early primeval Facebook, 'look at how many signatures/friends I've got’?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here