Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we show some respect for Wayne Rooney?

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Give him a cheer at the start? Why? I appreciate he's played at the top level and scored a lot of goals throughout his career. But remember, we're playing on the stage as him now so let's focus on our own team

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
Would it be terribly insensitive if we all waved our driving licences at him while chanting
"ROONEY, GIVE US A LIFT.
WE'RE PISSED ROONEY, GIVE US A LIFT!
(to the tune of the "west stand, sing us a song" chant?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Genuinely my least favourite England player of all time, really can’t stand Mr.Potato Head. Never delivered when it mattered and came across as deeply unpleasant and repugnant. Don’t like Barton much either but at least he is mildly amusing.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This could be fun. Everton line up announced, after Rooney's name the OP lets out a big cheer and applauds. Everyone else around him is silent and then immediately call a steward over and complain that an Everton fan is in the home end. OP ejected from ground and misses the entire game.
Tomorrow Rooney is just an Everton player and will get the same respect all other opposing players get (other than returning Albion greats) None.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Without question one of the greatest ever English footballers.
Scored more goals for the English national side in history.
Scored more goals at Manchester United than any player in their history . Including Bobby Charlton - and he played 200 (ish) less games than him.
Okay he's had a few personal issues but all massively overblown by the red tops .
I presume he's playing Sunday and it will be great to see him . So give him a cheer at the start and , as football fans , appreciate that he is a legend .

And then slag him off during the game of course ....

Everton will be back with a bounce on Sunday but at home we can beat anyone if we all turn up..
:lolol:

Nice one.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Pricks standing and clapping the away support was bad enough, now you want us to put our hands together and applaud f.ucking Shrek ??? Just f.uck off with your happy clappy bullshit, plus you will look a right c.unt if he scores the winnner.

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
This went well

:lolol: I actually have a bit of sympathy with the OP's point of view. I do hope we don't boo him every time he touches the ball just 'cos he's Wayne Rooney as that is a little bit tin-pot lower league behaviour. IMO we should save that for our own pantomime villains, not somebody with whom we don't actually have a personal grudge.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm not doubting he was a good player, but to call him an England Legend is a bit of an overstatement. How many goals did he score for England in the World cups and European championships?

Let's not forget what he did back in the 2006 World cup which effectively caused us to exit the competition. I'd say someone like Alan Shearer was a bigger England legend than Rooney.

That would be the same Shearer whose elbow cost us a quarter final place in 1998 and who is one of the worst pundits to grace television!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Without question one of the greatest ever English footballers.

Errr ..... no. He's NEVER delivered for England when it mattered. Some of the goals he scored in two bit internationals even my grannie could have scored ( maybe I shouldn't mention grannies ! ).

Can't believe you're putting the petulant, arrogant idiot in the same bracket as players like Beckham, Matthews, Shilton, Lineker, Charlton, Greaves, Shearer, Hurst, Robson and Ramsey. Ridiculous !!!!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That would be the same Shearer whose elbow cost us a quarter final place in 1998 and who is one of the worst pundits to grace television!

I think Beckham is one of the greatest players to pull on an England shirt and he cost us an important match too. Not sure why you would suggest a player wasn't a great player because they are a shit pundit. When we had the SAS up front was one of the most exciting periods of recent England history.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think Beckham is one of the greatest players to pull on an England shirt and he cost us an important match too. Not sure why you would suggest a player wasn't a great player because they are a shit pundit. When we had the SAS up front was one of the most exciting periods of recent England history.

I think Beckham is one of the most overrated players ever to pull on an England shirt and he cost us more than one important match. He struck a dead ball pretty well, but that's about it. James Ward-Prowse with a better haircut.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

It was his elbow 'on' the pitch that cost us, his punditry is just an annoyance. However, seems odd that you make reference to my comment about Shearer's off field activities yet isn't that what most people don't like about Rooney!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here