Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Davy Propper

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I never wanted to sign Janssen and said so at the time. On grounds that his shooting was wayward.

Good build up for Davy Pröpper's first goal.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Showing your age rather, and certainly a lack of knowledge as to what is FACT. Recently, maybe the case, but time was when railway employees would all have had immaculately polished boots.

Not in my 20-odd years of commuting from Sussex to London they haven't. Scruffy doesn't begin to describe a fair number of the staff. I guess (given the NSC age-poll) that counts as recent.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not in my 20-odd years of commuting from Sussex to London they haven't. Scruffy doesn't begin to describe a fair number of the staff. I guess (given the NSC age-poll) that counts as recent.

Railways have been running for nearly 200 years, son. Your twenty years is a tiny, and unrepresentative, sample, and your knowledge of social history is sadly lacking. Working on the railways was once a plum job, and railwaymen were the elite. To not have immaculately polished boots or shoes (or anything else that could be polished!) was unthinkable.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Railways have been running for nearly 200 years, son. Your twenty years is a tiny, and unrepresentative, sample, and your knowledge of social history is sadly lacking. Working on the railways was once a plum job, and railwaymen were the elite. To not have immaculately polished boots or shoes (or anything else that could be polished!) was unthinkable.

Son [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] OK grandad......

Same applies in the city to be fair. When I started, non-shiny shoes were an instant bollocking from your Assistant Manager. Nowadays no-one seems to bother with the old Kiwi.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Son [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] OK grandad......

Same applies in the city to be fair. When I started, non-shiny shoes were an instant bollocking from your Assistant Manager. Nowadays no-one seems to bother with the old Kiwi.
Only a Grandad for just three weeks actually, and yes, she is gorgeous! Not THAT old, but I did grow up in a railway family.......with shiny shoes!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Back on topic this is exactly why I was very excited over this signing. Unfortunately we play him in a different position and Stoke are probably better than Bulgaria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
He's been steadily improving, and will no doubt help his confidence. All good.

Exactly this. Reminds me very much of Sidwell when he initially rejoined. Propper just needs game time but for me has shown some lovely touches and vision; once his team mates and he get in sync think we have a player who easily commands respect and deserves to be in the division.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

He might be a pup 20 years old [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] but he certainly comes across as a far nicer poster than you.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He might be a pup 20 years old [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] but he certainly comes across as a far nicer poster than you.

Well, I don't have a great opinion of you either. And, unlike you, dazzer6666 has had the grace to recognise and acknowledge an alternative view to his own (see his replies to my post). Something which I would like to think you would learn to do. Maybe in a few years.

But I won't be holding my breath.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It's a worry for me that so many managers are very stubborn.
Chris has probably made his mind up about where he wants Propper to play and will stick to it irrespective of today's game.
It's obvious to me after today where he should play, I like Chris a lot but he is defensive minded, we have attacking problems and maybe Propper playing in the same position as he did today may ease it.
I know you look out for my posts Chris, so, on Saturday, do the right thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here