Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uber Brighton

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Suggest you google it.

But hey if you want to put your family and friend in a Uber, go for it.

But then again you are the one saying 32 rapes and assaults is meaningless without the fine minutia, so maybe you would.

TB

But come on, thats not what he is saying he is trying to put some perspective on it, a previous poster put

''There were 126 confirmed crimes of a violent or sexual nature carried out by taxi drivers in London in 2015. 32 of these were linked to Uber''

That doesnt immediately suggest that the risks are greater with Uber than with my mate down the road who is just a cabbie.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I saw a car with Uber door signs this morning in Southwick

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I saw a car with Uber door signs this morning in Southwick

I work in Southwick and just out of curiosity I looked for an Uber cab at lunchtime. It was showing £8-£11 to get me home - it would normally cost me around £12.

I'm in town tomorrow night and will be trying to get an Uber home ( West Street currently has a car so hopefully I'll be OK. Assuming I don't get raped. )

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I suggest you get off your high horse.

TB
I'm not on one. But you used a stat to make it sound like anyone that gets in a Uber taxi is much more likely to get raped/sexually assaulted than if they used a local taxi. Realistically, there probably isn't much difference.

If you don't like Uber, don't use them. But don't try to imply that a lot of their drivers are rapists when they aren't.

As for the price, the app does seem to be quoting quite high prices at the moment. I've used Uber once since it launched in Brighton last week. The fare quoted was £10-14. It cost £11. The same journey cost £15.60 with Brighton Taxi's a couple of weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
There were short rides in Portland that were as low as US$4. Let it build it's base and I'm sure Uber Brighton will get to be operating in an efficient manor after a few days.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Hopefully in my manor too.

You could do better. Spellcheck errors need pictures.

logo.png

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not on one. But you used a stat to make it sound like anyone that gets in a Uber taxi is much more likely to get raped/sexually assaulted than if they used a local taxi. Realistically, there probably isn't much difference.

If you don't like Uber, don't use them. But don't try to imply that a lot of their drivers are rapists when they aren't.

As for the price, the app does seem to be quoting quite high prices at the moment. I've used Uber once since it launched in Brighton last week. The fare quoted was £10-14. It cost £11. The same journey cost £15.60 with Brighton Taxi's a couple of weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

TB is a cabbie / driver.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Will Uber drivers take you from A to B via the busy routes resulting in a longer journey and of course a higher charge?

If they do you may email Uber to get the charge changed to the A to B direct route. Charges are both calculated by time and distance. You would get the shortest time and distance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here