Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wouldn't happen in Germany

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I met some German bloke for the 1st time today at the ground, decent chap as well

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think Herr Tubthumper was suitably nullifying the pain, I noted he had a magnificent selection of craft ales and rare brews on his table.

:thumbsup:

I can still taste the Lagunitas IPA.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Only delayed mate? Lucky you are on a good old British service. If it was Lufthansa then they would have been on strike!

Are you flying back BA or easyJet this weekend?

BA. Feeling a bit queasy.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
As I recover from my first Berlin hangover The first thing that struck me last night it a distinct lack of road signs around the city.

4 trains so far..... Each on time
Beer so far......excellent

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nice to catch up with 8ace as well.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
This one made me laugh some time ago at Tottenham Hale on the way to work one morning.

It's not a great picture, but basically the top one says:

Cambridge 8.15 Platform 2 On Time
Due to a train fault

:lolol:

h.jpg

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
German trains are never delayed, of course.
Oh.... a quick websearch yields
http://www.sueddeutsche.de/reise/ve...hn-in-ihrer-stadt-auf-ihrer-strecke-1.1651455
A quote:
"Alles in allem wurden 3,28 Millionen Zugeinfahrten in Bahnhöfe mitgeschnitten. Bei 667.535 wurde eine Verspätung gemeldet - das ergibt eine Quote von 20 Prozent. "
Which seems to be telling us that out of 3.28 million German train journeys in the period examined (the article dates from 2913), 667,000 were delayed, i.e. around 20%

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just stood on a train from Gatwick for 40 minutes which was 15 minutes late after hours of travelling back from a 4 day break in Berlin.. It was like the Falmer trains back to Brighton after a game........... That can't be right.. The Berlin travel system seemed brilliant but maybe I got lucky. I cannot remember the last time I got on a train round here that came on time. So we're only one charismatic leader away from world domination if this man can get them running on time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here