Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Pledge to Corbyn!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think you'll find that it is the above named who are out of sync with the rest of us. At a national level the Labour Party splits into two camps 1) those that believe that a Neo-liberal economic system is bad/has run its course and those 2) who don't. Group 1 includes the leadership, the membership and Momentum, Group 2 contains some of the PLP, Blairites and centerists..

you're suggesting that there is no membership in Group 2. has the purge been completed?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
you're suggesting that there is no membership in Group 2. has the purge been completed?

No, I’m not (as I’m sure you well know). Merely a majority are in group 1. “Purge” is a good, emotive word used by those who don’t like the results of democracy. For a real purge try Kensington and Chelsea Tories.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Momentum really are a very troubling organisation.There supporters are quite full of hate and are full of the sort of toxic venom that Corbyn campaigns against. How on earth have they been allowed to become so powerful in the Labour movement.

Couldn’t agree more, momentum really are a nasty bunch of utter scumbags that damage the credibility of the once decent fair minded Labour Party

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Just google Labour party bullying, antisemitism, extremism ... lots to read including from the Guardian, Independent, Mirror and other in-house sources. Didn't the BBC think it neccasery to provide a female reporter with a bodyguard at the Labour conference?

Yeah they're a lovely bunch ... :facepalm:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
The one thing I find baffling about Momentum is their seeming determination to spend more time fighting MPs on their own side (Hilary Benn, Peter Kyle, Jess Phillips) than any of their actual political opponents. I think it's great if younger people are actually engaging in politics but it strikes me there's this desperation for purity over pragmatism.

There have always been elements in the left that cannot distinguish between an imperfect (in the purist's eyes) friend and an enemy.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I reiterate, I was at our local group last night and don't recognise this description at all but then someone's told you different I expect.

I fear Mr Prankster that the sort of meeting you attended last night could tell you to use dog shit as teeth floss and 80% will give it a go, I think of Momentum and I see The Church of Corbyntology!!!!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
No, I'm saying they costed it, and you as a voter were given the opportunity of whether or not to vote for them based on that.

Did you vote for the the "vote for us or you'll get that nasty Jeremy Corbyn" party? Absolute bunch of chancers.

Some Labour MP woman stated over the weekend Corbyn had no chance of paying for everything he has promised so far. Said things would have to be dropped so others cost in. Same old labour

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Labour's ridiculous manifesto amongst other things convinced me to not vote Labour again, certainly while Corbyn and any of his friends are anywhere near the leadership. My local MP, Luciana Berger has been treated disgracefully by Momentum.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
You can take it as you like. Meanwhile I'll take it as the Far Left taking over Labour. Why is that ok? If the far right was in charge of the Tories you would be shouting from the rooftops. Meanwhile. ......
https://www.politicshome.com/news/u...news/91145/momentum-leading-far-left-takeover

a) why isn’t it okay, it’s democratic b) in case you hadn’t noticed the Tories are firmly led by their extreme right - Gove, Fox, Davis and their unholy alliance with right wing nutters, the DUP

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
a) why isn’t it okay, it’s democratic b) in case you hadn’t noticed the Tories are firmly led by their extreme right - Gove, Fox, Davis and their unholy alliance with right wing nutters, the DUP

DUP, right wing nutters? Thats not really acceptable language is it. They have just saved Northern Ireland from catastrophe. They dislike Corbyn because of history with the IRA and before I hear the same old litany of him trying to be peacemaker, you need to speak to both sides to do that. Your language and tone belies any words you write. You're close to being brain washed sunshine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here