Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crawley Town FC ............. Concerned?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It does indeed fly, i didn’t realise the North and South leagues were introduced for the 04/05 season, I thought they’d been around 7 or 8 seasons max rather than this being their 14th season.

I still remember Crawley playing the likes of Worthing and Bognor at their old ground (Towns Mead?).

Edit: I also remember organising a game for their supporters club some 12/14 years ago when the Majheeds were running them into the ground. That was a good day.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Crawley just does not feel like it should be in Sussex it has none of the beauty and kind of reminds me if you mixed Luton and Croydon together you get Crawley, horrible place.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Went to see their home game against Luton the day after our West Ham won.

Not a bad game and thought Crawley were unlucky not to come away with a win against the league leaders. Ended up 0-0.

Not good to see them struggle though

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I remember the 5-0 at the Goldstone but they then seem to get too close in the league, happier they have fallen away. No fist bumping!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Crawley just does not feel like it should be in Sussex it has none of the beauty and kind of reminds me if you mixed Luton and Croydon together you get Crawley, horrible place.

And you know this as fact I guess.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I see Hastings United have got them in the next round of The Sussex Senior Cup.

[tweet]931943247861157888[/tweet]

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I see Hastings United have got them in the next round of The Sussex Senior Cup.

[tweet]931943247861157888[/tweet]

But they'll play the stiffs, much like Brighton always did. Isn't there a rule about how many pro's can play (or contracted players)?

Talking of which, my beloved East Preston gave the dev squad a good run for their money losing 3-2 after being 2-0 up on Tuesday. Strangely enough I think the devs did the same v Stoke yesterday.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
But they'll play the stiffs, much like Brighton always did. Isn't there a rule about how many pro's can play (or contracted players)?

Talking of which, my beloved East Preston gave the dev squad a good run for their money losing 3-2 after being 2-0 up on Tuesday. Strangely enough I think the devs did the same v Stoke yesterday.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Crawley even have a reserve team. I recall Hastings beating them away in The SSC a couple of years ago and although Crawley made changes, virtually all the Crawley starting XI that night had played in The Football League that season.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton

How did EP's captain play? One of my best mates but didn't manage to watch the game

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Crawley is a big area encompassing a huge range, of residential, industrial, commercial, leisure and retail areas. To dismiss it as a ‘horrible place’ simply demonstrates your lack of knowledge regarding the town.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Crawley is a big area encompassing a huge range, of residential, industrial, commercial, leisure and retail areas. To dismiss it as a ‘horrible place’ simply demonstrates your lack of knowledge regarding the town.
Either that, or you're biased and can't see that it's a bit shit.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I remember Barry Lloyd when he was manager saying he was glad there wasn't a League team in Crawley as they'd "bury us for support". So I may have been concerned back in the 1990s when we looked like we were heading into non-league at best and they were on their way up, but I'm not concerned in the slightest now as I don't think they'll ever rival us.

They're struggling now both in league form and in crowd size, and they may soon return to their natural level of being a decent-ish non-league club. So no, not concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here