Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

François Moubandjé

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Think too many peeps are looking at 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 formations in our signings or lack of. Recon we'll set up more of 3-3-3-1 with inside forwards and inverted fb's, giving us 5-3-1-1 in def and quick transition wide in att.

Too much football manager going on.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's not going to happen against sides in the bottom 10. I do understand it as a damage limitation technique against the top 4 though. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Rosenior in front of Suttner or Bruno if Knockaert is out for Man City.

Agree completely. Against sides in the top 6 it is more damage limitation especially away from home.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Left back, Left back we need a bloody forward

Quite. But it doesn't look as if we're going to get one, let alone the two we need. Why? Too expensive? Too choosy? Not enough time? Not needed? Who knows but without seriously strengthening our front-line, and SOON, we'll deserve all we get.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Already resigned Bong and brought in Suttner. This is surely just agent talk. Onto the next rumour plz.

I'm not so sure, because against Norwich Hughton moved Bong onto the wing. I'm wondering if this is a new change tactic with Bong. If we're to use Bong more on the wing, we may need another LB.

Of course, we need another RB imo. A poucher and a marauding box-to-box...these are my priorities.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I would !... it would just be staggeringly negative escpecially at home on the opening day of our first premier league season.

Knockaert and March have surely earned the right to start this game if fit, and if not Murphy and Brown will get the nod
Its effectively a 5 in midfeild with Gross starting, just how defensive do people think we need to be
I know against top opposition we will be under the hammer, but you have to show attacking intent or we will just go down with a wimper like Boro did last season.
I would be very very annoyed if that was the case.

If Knockaert and March are fit then I would expect them to start against ManCity . If one of them isn't then I would be surprised if we throw Brown or Murphy in. Away from home will be a different kettle of fish though. CH is about not losing first.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Quite. But it doesn't look as if we're going to get one, let alone the two we need. Why? Too expensive? Too choosy? Not enough time? Not needed? Who knows but without seriously strengthening our front-line, and SOON, we'll deserve all we get.

Hmmm, strange you've never mentioned this before :whistle::whistle:

Bingo

Jul 27, 2014
Seaford
I've had a feeling all along that Bong will not make the final 25. I think we offered him a contract (only 1 year) out of loyalty after our promotion. I feel certain he will be loaned out before the end of the window as I just can't see him cutting it in the prem.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
I'm not so sure, because against Norwich Hughton moved Bong onto the wing. I'm wondering if this is a new change tactic with Bong. If we're to use Bong more on the wing, we may need another LB.

Of course, we need another RB imo. A poucher and a marauding box-to-box...these are my priorities.

It was suttner who was furthest forward. Bong was at the back. It more a 3-5-2 with Bruno and suttner as wing backs and big in the middle. Still be surprised if we sign another LB. got rosenior as another option also.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I've had a feeling all along that Bong will not make the final 25. I think we offered him a contract (only 1 year) out of loyalty after our promotion. I feel certain he will be loaned out before the end of the window as I just can't see him cutting it in the prem.

A feeling, or a hope because you unreasonably suggest he's not very good?

He'll be in the 25 guaranteed and I think he'll do ok when called upon.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I would !... it would just be staggeringly negative escpecially at home on the opening day of our first premier league season.

Knockaert and March have surely earned the right to start this game if fit, and if not Murphy and Brown will get the nod
Its effectively a 5 in midfeild with Gross starting, just how defensive do people think we need to be
I know against top opposition we will be under the hammer, but you have to show attacking intent or we will just go down with a wimper like Boro did last season.
I would be very very annoyed if that was the case.

I agree it would not be good to see the first game in the PL kick off in what you consider to be too negative.

However it would be even worse to kick of wit a 7-0 hammering at home, which is what happened the last time CH came up against Man City. That would just just deflate morale right from the off and you can't really take the chance of that happening to an inexperienced PL side.

Look at last season. There were about 10 or 12 games where sides took 4, 5, or 6 - Nil hammerings against sides like Spurs or Arsenal or Chelsea or Man Utd or Man City.

Brighton and Huddrsfield and Stoke and sides like that will take those hammerings again this season so you have to try and limit them to as few as possible just as a means of keeping morale and belief high and that's the Managers job to do that and if that means playing Liam Rosenier instead of Jamie Murphy then so be it, I think it will be worthwhile. You have to target your points when you are new to that League.

All that said, he never did that when at Norwich. He always played two wingers at home when at Norwich.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He'll be in the 25 for sure.

January is when any new signing will also result in a player in the 25 leaving the squad - at best to go out on loan for half a season.

That is when the 3 or 4 players that the NSC knives are always out for will be most likely to move on. It won't be now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here