Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andre Grey tweets...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I blame Burnley. A Premier League club should have a Director of Communications sorting this shit out when the player is signed.

And shame on the player himself for taking the pay cheque without taking the responsibility that goes with it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Totally agree. I accidentally ran someone over when I was young and a bit silly. I didn't stop, 'cos I couldn't have done anything about it anyway. Unfortunately they died, but there was no point in stepping forward, it wouldn't have brought her back. It's ok now though, right?

Wow! I know what your getting at but, blimey. That's quite a shocking post.

I wonder how many people who think this player can never be forgiven also feel that Corbyn can never be forgiven for 'having talks' with the IRA just after the Brighton bombing. Or vice versa (people who feel that the player can be forgiven, and Corbyn can be forgiven)?

My view is that other factors, such as apology and genuine contrition should be considered. Given that the player seems to have come through a lot (how did he get that massive scar I wonder?) whereas Corbyn has spent his adult life sleeping on a feather bed, with a tidy income from studiously opposing the Labour Party, my vote goes to bloke who apologised.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I wonder how many people who think this player can never be forgiven
If he says he was wrong and apologises appropriately (ideally a candid interview, rather than a club statement) then fair enough.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If he says he was wrong and apologises appropriately (ideally a candid interview, rather than a club statement) then fair enough.

I agree. Such comments are vile, but if he accepts that they have no place in our society then he needs to be given a chance to show remorse.

Some folk are loving the lynching as opposed to being upset by what he said. Many in the media aren't so much outraged as salivating at the prospect of a good story.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Trial by the wise, thoughtful, considered ( :tosser: ) opinions of the oh so representative social media population is a sight to behold. As many of the more considered posts have already stated people can change .. although saying that i expect many people often hold the same offensive views despite apologies but in the 21st century tolerant, diverse ( :lolol: ) society we live in only some opinions are allowed to be stated publicly. #1stamendmentfortheuk

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
To be honest, the fake outrage is pathetic. Who hasn't said stuff that they regret? Plus Andre Gray 4 years ago had come from a very different background to everyone complaining, he wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth and could have easily ended up going down the wrong path like a lot of kids from the same background who feel they have no way out. He turned his life around through his talent but it could've been so different for him. I honestly don't see why all these middle/upper class types can get away with trying to destroy a young mans career based on something he said 4 years ago especially seeing as there are several cases where people from far more "respectable" backgrounds have done much worse and got away with it.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone who really hates sexism and homophobia would see genuine progress in terms of people changing their views not in their own success in finding things to be outraged by and the resulting sense of moral superiority. Although it seems crazy that no-one advised him to remove his Twitter history there does seem to be plenty of evidence that he was in a very bad place 4 years ago and is a changed person now. Other things may come out which may change my view but I would take his statement at face value.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To be honest, the fake outrage is pathetic. Who hasn't said stuff that they regret? Plus Andre Gray 4 years ago had come from a very different background to everyone complaining, he wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth and could have easily ended up going down the wrong path like a lot of kids from the same background who feel they have no way out. He turned his life around through his talent but it could've been so different for him. I honestly don't see why all these middle/upper class types can get away with trying to destroy a young mans career based on something he said 4 years ago especially seeing as there are several cases where people from far more "respectable" backgrounds have done much worse and got away with it.

How do you know all the outraged ones are middle or upperclass? Are working class people not allowed to br offended too? Are working class people homophobic by birth!

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Grey is a homophobic Cu#T end of. He will fit in well at Burnley, would have been interesting if someone had replied to those tweets with a racist remark about him.
No, it wouldn't of been interesting whatsoever. It would've been as appalling as his homophobia.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
Lucky the lady can kick a ball because reading a few of his tweets, he hasn't got much upstairs.

Bonkers tweets anyway, suprised burnley don't employ someone to watch over that side of things for the club.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Bit surprised by the weak response generally to this. I keep reading things offering him almost sympathy and congratulations on turning his life around. But those words were absolutely disgusting and they were only sent 4 years ago when he was 21 for gods sake not 13.

I hope he is suitably punished, homophobia has to be taken more seriously in football than it is at present.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Bit surprised by the weak response generally to this. I keep reading things offering him almost sympathy and congratulations on turning his life around. But those words were absolutely disgusting and they were only sent 4 years ago when he was 21 for gods sake not 13.

I hope he is suitably punished, homophobia has to be taken more seriously in football than it is at present.

What punishment do you think is suitable?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
What punishment do you think is suitable?

I'm no expert on law and punishment but I'm sure in a lot of jobs if those tweets came out into the public he would be sacked but as we know football is morally bankrupt that won't happen.

In this instance I would suggest he attends a course of education, a very large fine to go to charity and many hours of community service. If he is not seen to be punished in some way then we're showing others that they will get away with it. This is too public now for nothing to happen.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Grey is a homophobic Cu#T end of. He will fit in well at Burnley, would have been interesting if someone had replied to those tweets with a racist remark about him.

I was thinking something similar - Not in terms of a racist remark because two wrongs don't make a right but I would have loved Pete Burns to have responded to them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here