Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is NSC better and has more members than rival forums?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I think you've accidentally stumbled on the truth. NSC is the best because it's a necessity, because Andy Naylor is so shit.

Unfortunately the Argus website and our own club website is slow with information which makes NSC a better option. Also it has the added advantage of not being simply a football forum, plenty of topics discussed and a number of well rounded comments are posted to generate discussions which rarely turn into any heavy one sided oppression of views.

Mainly though we don't have football thugs who are overly aggressive or offering up violence when people disagree with them. Those sorts of supporters need to be banned as soon as they surface

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
No way they could afford what Bozza pays me.

We know. But they are a BIG club. We want them to enter a BIDDING WAR with oneBORO and Clarets-Mad.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We know. But they are a BIG club. We want them to enter a BIDDING WAR with oneBORO and Clarets-Mad.

I'd only consider going if they sign [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] as well. We come as a PACKAGE.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Having studied a succession of strong Tory governments, I set out to shrink the NSC state (moderating team) and allow market forces (report posts - we're all in this together) to shape the site.

Those entrepreneurial minded folk who post strong and engaging content have risen to the top of the community, and rightly so, and I do my best to look after them. Those at the other end of the food chain regularly receive handouts from the NSC soup kitchens, in the form of grammatical and spelling corrections.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Having studied a succession of strong Tory governments, I set out to shrink the NSC state (moderating team) and allow market forces (report posts - we're all in this together) to shape the site.

Those entrepreneurial minded folk who post strong and engaging content have risen to the top of the community, and rightly so, and I do my best to look after them. Those at the other end of the food chain regularly receive handouts from the NSC soup kitchens, in the form of grammatical and spelling corrections.

I thought you just sent their threads to the other stuff, so they can be forgotten about. That would have been the true Tory way of dealing with the less advanced in society.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
A different option would be getting rid of the entire moderating team and recruit one eastern european as a replacement, who would put more hours in, for less and possibly do a better job. :whistle:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I thought you just sent their threads to the other stuff, so they can be forgotten about. That would have been the true Tory way of dealing with the less advanced in society.

Ssssshhhhhh - we don't like to admit that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A different option would be getting rid of the entire moderating team and recruit one eastern european as a replacement, who would put more hours in, for less and possibly do a better job. :whistle:

[MENTION=3733]papajaff[/MENTION]?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I thought you just sent their threads to the other stuff, so they can be forgotten about.

the other stuff is NSC prison for those that overstep the (very broad) boundaries of good taste, they are still there for those visitors that want to attempt to rehabilitate.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Without wanting to disappear too far up our own arses, it's popular due to the quality of the posts and the posters.

NSC in many ways reflects Brighton as a city, quirky, tolerant, diverse,self-deprecating and smart. We can act like tits at times, but the good far outweighs the bad.

It also self polices itself very well. Posters have a broad feel for where the boundaries should be, and tend to stay within them. Differences of opinion, expressed knowledgeably and passionately by all sides of the political, cultural, economic and sporting divide, are encouraged.

Piss taking of those who make goons of themselves produces coffee spitting over keyboard moments. Abuse is not welcome, encouraged or tolerated, and in the main posters keep within those parameters.

A huge hats off should be given to Bozza too. I'm not sucking up to the guv'nor, but the work he does behind the scenes, in dealing with not just the technical aspects of the board, but also having to deal with threats of varying deals of venom from those who would rather NSC be a muzzled beast, is stupendous.

We have a good relationship with the club itself, in terms of being on talking terms with some of the hierarchy, but will still take it to task where necessary, and that surely is good for all involved. An independent message board for fans both allows them to let off steam, but also know that their voices are being heard. So long as comments are kept on the right side of the law then those in power can take note of fans comments and frustrations, or ignore them at their peril.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Without wanting to disappear too far up our own arses, it's popular due to the quality of the posts and the posters.

NSC in many ways reflects Brighton as a city, quirky, tolerant, diverse,self-deprecating and smart. We can act like tits at times, but the good far outweighs the bad.

It also self polices itself very well. Posters have a broad feel for where the boundaries should be, and tend to stay within them. Differences of opinion, expressed knowledgeably and passionately by all sides of the political, cultural, economic and sporting divide, are encouraged.

Piss taking of those who make goons of themselves produces coffee spitting over keyboard moments. Abuse is not welcome, encouraged or tolerated, and in the main posters keep within those parameters.

A huge hats off should be given to Bozza too. I'm not sucking up to the guv'nor, but the work he does behind the scenes, in dealing with not just the technical aspects of the board, but also having to deal with threats of varying deals of venom from those who would rather NSC be a muzzled beast, is stupendous.

We have a good relationship with the club itself, in terms of being on talking terms with some of the hierarchy, but will still take it to task where necessary, and that surely is good for all involved. An independent message board for fans both allows them to let off steam, but also know that their voices are being heard. So long as comments are kept on the right side of the law then those in power can take note of fans comments and frustrations, or ignore them at their peril.

As a last ditch attempt to save your job it's not a bad effort .... still think the eastern european option is worth considering though.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
NSC is like the Seagulls Line, your Seagulls news first each and every day 24 hours a day on 0891 800 609, without the phone bills or Tony Millard.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
NSC is what it says.........'No Shit Conversations'

It lets genuine football fans speak their minds, to a point, without prejudice or bias, whilst talking about the best club in UK.

I feel better for saying that :)

Not sure it is unbiased mate.

Some of the delusional crap I have read over the years on here from the cheerleaders and doomongers

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Excellent summary - my views exactly.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I like the layout. The setup on other forums is woeful and amateurish. This one has a clean, fresh and shiny appearance, much like a sparkly new pair of shoes.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
great forum
mostly good humoured, after all we all bleed blue and white
and when any of us are up shite creek without a paddle there is always someone there to help with words of advice or just a shoulder
good work

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here