Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How can you accidently send an email to a random newspaper?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Seems like there is only one likely outcome for the referendum. At this point, prior to any negotiations taking place, the polls are showing a majority of people would vote to stay in. Every political party other than UKIP are going to campaign for staying in. Plus when it comes down to it people are more likely to vote to maintain the status quo than to vote for an unknown scenario which in the short term would put the country into a period of flux and change.

chart.png

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
No way was that accidental. On the same day David Cameron just happens to be at the EU Summit? Sorry, but these things DON'T just happen.

Coincidences just don't happen? What, ever? I'd be intrigued to read your explanation for why the moon is currently precisely the right size and distance from the earth to exactly cover the disc of the sun during a total eclipse then.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Coincidences just don't happen? What, ever? I'd be intrigued to read your explanation for why the moon is currently precisely the right size and distance from the earth to exactly cover the disc of the sun during a total eclipse then.

Believe/don't believe, guess which one of us will be proved correct within about a day of them announcing an official enquiry into the 'accident' :shrug:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Seems like there is only one likely outcome for the referendum. At this point, prior to any negotiations taking place, the polls are showing a majority of people would vote to stay in. Every political party other than UKIP are going to campaign for staying in. Plus when it comes down to it people are more likely to vote to maintain the status quo than to vote for an unknown scenario which in the short term would put the country into a period of flux and change.

View attachment 65545

YouGov did a EU referendum poll in April 2015 which came out as IN 45% OUT 33% and UNDECIDED 22%

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Believe/don't believe, guess which one of us will be proved correct within about a day of them announcing an official enquiry into the 'accident' :shrug:

I passed no comment on this specific occurrence. I addressed your assertion that "these things DON'T just happen"; ie that there is absolutely no chance that it was a coincidence. You may be right, you may be wrong. I admire your confidence that you're right.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I passed no comment on this specific occurrence. I addressed your assertion that "these things DON'T just happen"; ie that there is absolutely no chance that it was a coincidence. You may be right, you may be wrong. I admire your confidence that you're right.

Be honest, which do you think is the more likely? To the nearest country mile.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why did the e-mail get "accidentally" sent out to a Guardian editor and not one of the editors at the Independent , The Times , Daily Mail , Daily Telegraph , Daily Express , The Sun or the Daily Mirror ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Tom Hark isn't talking about coincidences in general, he means this specific situation. I agree with him, this was no office junior get confused.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Quite. Complete bollocks to claim it was accidental, and only believed by complete simpletons shirley?

I've seen situations where emails have accidentally been sent to the press, customers and rivals when they shouldn't be. Is this such a situation? Probably not, but doesn't mean that it's definitely not.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Its all part of the pro-EU propaganda campaign. There wont be a balanced debate on IN/OUT and the sheeple will be guided into putting their X in the "correct" box.

Is the correct answer. They will scare people into staying in. As of now I'm undecided.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the interesting thing about this is all the discussion is over the leak, nothing about the content. because there isnt any, this is about setting up a report that has yet to be written. i think people are rather reading too much into it, since no position is being made.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is the correct answer. They will scare people into staying in. As of now I'm undecided.

Why? All we know is the bank is looking into the effect of leaving. As far as I'm aware this is all. But, if the BoE did release their opinion on matters, surely it's better to have their report so you can make a more informed decision? Carney strikes me as his own man, and not a European, so I will be happy to hear what he has to say.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
the interesting thing about this is all the discussion is over the leak, nothing about the content. because there isnt any, this is about setting up a report that has yet to be written. i think people are rather reading too much into it, since no position is being made.

**** me. We agree on something! :thumbsup:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Why? All we know is the bank is looking into the effect of leaving. As far as I'm aware this is all. But, if the BoE did release their opinion on matters, surely it's better to have their report so you can make a more informed decision? Carney strikes me as his own man, and not a European, so I will be happy to hear what he has to say.

I just stating what I think will happen. Like I said I'm undecided at the moment. Perhaps you could persuade me. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here