Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What happened to Andrew Whing when he left the Albion?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Andrew Whing divided opinion on here big time.

For a long period it was only a very small percentage that could tell how shit he was

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Went to Orient, hated living in London, wanted to be closer to family in Midlands, at Oxford. Long term injury problems since

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
He was nothing more than mediocre really. The fact he managed to win Player of the Season in 2009 shows just how terrible we were that year. That and the club insisting a player must have played a certain amount of games to qualify, ruling out the like of Owusu and Hart from taking the crown for their late in the day exploits

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He was nothing more than mediocre really. The fact he managed to win Player of the Season in 2009 shows just how terrible we were that year. That and the club insisting a player must have played a certain amount of games to qualify, ruling out the like of Owusu and Hart from taking the crown for their late in the day exploits

He did have fighting spirit in spades though. Which is why we voted him Player of the Season. Andrew Crofts should probably get the vote this season, with Calde a close second, if there's any justice, for the same reason.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He did have fighting spirit in spades though. Which is why we voted him Player of the Season. Andrew Crofts should probably get the vote this season, with Calde a close second, if there's any justice, for the same reason.

Because English football fans are idiots who massively overvalue "passion" and "spirit" over the things that actually win you football games, like technical ability and intelligence?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He was nothing more than mediocre really. The fact he managed to win Player of the Season in 2009 shows just how terrible we were that year.

Very harsh. Terrible though we undoubtedly were, he was excellent that season and it wasn't just gutsiness, although he also had plenty of that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Because English football fans are idiots who massively overvalue "passion" and "spirit" over the things that actually win you football games, like technical ability and intelligence?

Ah, right, we'll just withhold the award this season then. Or do the muppet sponsor thing and give it to the bloke that scored the last goal you saw.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ah, right, we'll just withhold the award this season then. Or do the muppet sponsor thing and give it to the bloke that scored the last goal you saw.

Nope. Matthew Upson. Intelligent, astute defensive play all season.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He got bumped down into the under 18s before a pre season tour with Gus, he was the only player left behind and was told to find a new club as he was not featured in Gus's plans at all. Gus even rated Hoyte ahead of him, poor bloke.

Think he did pretty well at Orient and Oxford was closer to home, pretty sure he converted to a DM for a while before dropping back into the back four, covered centre back as well as right back.

The bloke will go down as a little bit of a hero in my eyes, bloody ugly and he has a doppleganger at the back of the WSU, a serious chin on the guy. but always gave his all for the Albion, when it didnt seem like anybody else really cared. a very low point in our time at Withdean.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fair enough, good call. Hope he makes top three. Did Wayne Bridge win it last season?

No - it was whoever ran around the most, as per. Crofts I think. I'm joshing, I don't know. Bridcutt wasn't it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
always gave his all for the Albion, when it didnt seem like anybody else really cared. a very low point in our time at Withdean.

That. Limited footballer, but he CARED, and the fans responded to that.

The fact that throughout his playing career, he still kept up his Villa season ticket, and popped back there whenever he could to watch a game with his mates, also helped me (and I'm sure others) identify with the guy. He was one of us.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Same as you, no idea. Though somebody must shirley?

I profusely apologise for providing a link to the club site, but on this occasion I believe it to be warranted. There is a Club Records section, and they have usefully included the Player of the Season winners from 1968/69 onwards.

The winner last season was, indeed, a certain Mr Bridcutt, before he started dreaming of being booed by the Mackems for slowing down their play and passing the ball sideways - WARNING - This link will take you to the official club website

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

That is why he got POTY , mostly all of the other players didn't give a **** and certainly didn't have any technical ability and/or intelligence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here