Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kazenga Lua Lua: post-Albion

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
What a player he was for us..
Easy to forget.

My kids come to one game a year with me (on sufferance)... but they absolutely love Kaz..

All the best Kaz and thanks for the memories

DavePage

Best wishes to him, I hope he really does well.
If only he wasn’t prone to the injuries and had a better discipline to stay on his feet rather the go for the free-kick, he could have been a legend.

Kaz stay on your feet, have some belief, your good enough to come again…Good luck and thank you

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Good luck Kaz thank you for some truly great memories hope you stay fit and rip the league to bits as we know you can

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Still amazes me that the RB he sat down on that run down the left wing was Simon Francis who's now played 3 seasons in the Premier League with Bournemouth

He destroyed John stones too. Over and over again

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Good luck Kaz don't overdo the goal celebrations and get injured however I loved them he was entertaining player always a buzz when he came on as super sub..

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good luck to him – top player at his prime and a big favourite of the Bobkin Jnrs at that time.

Was never going to break back into the squad here, but hopefully he can do a job for the Mackems.

Cheers Kaz!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Genuine box office at his best - hope he can recapture that and kick start his career again.
Thanks for the goals, the step overs, the speed merchantry and the acrobatics Kaz - all the best to an Albion entertainer ��

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
At his best the most flair player in the squad with a fearsome shot. At his worst massively frustrating, slowing down the play and repeating the same trick over again. But he had far more good moments than bad and goes with immense thanks for some very happy memories.

He was my son's first Albion hero. He still talks about a moment many may have forgotten as it wasn't a goal. In the Cup game against Reading we were winding down the clock. Rather than just take it in to the corner he beat their full back over and over again before nonchalantly kicking it off the full back's shins to win a corner and raising his arms to get the crowd off their feet. Because it was the cup we'd moved from back of WSU to the front of the WSL and it happened right in front of us.

Of course one or two of the goals, and their celebrations, were pretty special too.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
He made you start edging up out of your seat in anticipation of what was to come next , in any situation Kaz was a player i loved to watch even when he was having a bad game his sheer love of the game was obvious in his overblown frustration with himself , the saddest thing about losing Kazenga is that his signature song was very catchy and easy to learn as even the ESU were known to join in at times , so long Kazenga , LUA LUA .

[yt]Q1472rWXm3M[/yt]

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The Start of the Championship season when we ended up 3rd. My god what a player, I thought he had finally clicked as a player, but sadly went on to get injured and never seemed to get back into our team.

Wish him all the best, does that just leave Murrray in the squad who played at Withdean? Or did Dunky make an appearance or two for the first team back at Withdean?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
At his best the most flair player in the squad with a fearsome shot. At his worst massively frustrating, slowing down the play and repeating the same trick over again. But he had far more good moments than bad and goes with immense thanks for some very happy memories.

He was my son's first Albion hero. He still talks about a moment many may have forgotten as it wasn't a goal. In the Cup game against Reading we were winding down the clock. Rather than just take it in to the corner he beat their full back over and over again before nonchalantly kicking it off the full back's shins to win a corner and raising his arms to get the crowd off their feet. Because it was the cup we'd moved from back of WSU to the front of the WSL and it happened right in front of us.

Of course one or two of the goals, and their celebrations, were pretty special too.

Loved that. Special memory

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I remember when we signed him and being incredibly excited that a player like that would choose Brighton.

Just hope he gets a regular spot at Sunderland though I have a nagging feeling those days may be over. Good luck to him, he'll always have a warm welcome in Brighton I'm sure.

Stat Man

Tickle my fancy, fat man
Mar 3, 2009
Brighton
The Start of the Championship season when we ended up 3rd. My god what a player, I thought he had finally clicked as a player, but sadly went on to get injured and never seemed to get back into our team.

Wish him all the best, does that just leave Murrray in the squad who played at Withdean? Or did Dunky make an appearance or two for the first team back at Withdean?

Dunk played three games at Withdean, Sidwell is the only other one that played for us there.

Edit. There's a thread on it
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?360850-Players-left-from-the-Withdean-era

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

That moment features in the first video posted on this thread, GB...

And the second one, as it turns out!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here