Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spain vs England

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
One can only beat what’s in front of you. And England seem to do well against Spain in friendlies. I think they won 1-0 at Wembley a few years back. I imagine Spain will be a different beast in a competitive game though.

Childish. Guessing you didn’t see it? Those Spain players and manager couldn’t have been taking the game any more seriously.

Superb performance, fully deserved result. Enjoy it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They could and should have been 2 up before we scored, second half they should have had at least 4. That's football.

Pleased we won but our defence including the keeper worries me when we have the ball, looks like an accident waiting to happen.

By that logic we also should’ve had a penalty for Sterling being trod on when through on goal, Ramos should’ve been sent off for leading with elbow, plenty of second yellows.

We were SUPERB. We were always gonna have to weather a storm second half against one of the top sides in the world. We did so. Enjoy this result, it’s historic.

Apart from one major error Pickford was superb on the ball all night, he created one of the goals FFS.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Childish. Guessing you didn’t see it? Those Spain players and manager couldn’t have been taking the game any more seriously.

Ignore the plastic kraut - that was 100% a competitive match just like a World Cup. Absolutely sublime first half performance and STUNNING result from such a young team. Well done lads.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

No I didn’t watch it; I had to choose some bathroom basins and a vanity unit tonight.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
One can only beat what’s in front of you. And England seem to do well against Spain in friendlies. I think they won 1-0 at Wembley a few years back. I imagine Spain will be a different beast in a competitive game though.

What, like the World Cup?

Spain have been in great form since the the summer. We played a lot of lovely football in the first half. 3 fantastic goals. Very promising for the future - this is a very different England to the England of old.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ignore the plastic kraut - that was 100% a competitive match just like a World Cup. Absolutely sublime first half performance and STUNNING result from such a young team. Well done lads.

Feel sorry for him tbh. See my signature.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
They could and should have been 2 up before we scored, second half they should have had at least 4. That's football.

Pleased we won but our defence including the keeper worries me when we have the ball, looks like an accident waiting to happen.

I get what you are saying but we could easily have gone 4-0 up before they got their first.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
that was 100% a competitive match just like a World Cup.

No it wasn’t. Besides, I was actually criticising the other poster, I wasn’t criticising England.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No point if he’s not going to get on the pitch. Rather he trained with us.

Moan moan moan - ridiculous thing to say too - Lewis will be better for the experience. Surprised you showed your face again on this thread, there’s so much egg on it!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
By that logic we also should’ve had a penalty for Sterling being trod on when through on goal, Ramos should’ve been sent off for leading with elbow, plenty of second yellows.

We were SUPERB. We were always gonna have to weather a storm second half against one of the top sides in the world. We did so. Enjoy this result, it’s historic.

Apart from one major error Pickford was superb on the ball all night, he created one of the goals FFS.

That very clear pen would've made it Spain down to 10 men (not a challenge for the ball) and possibly 0-4.

Spain took this incredibly seriously, came out of the blocks on fire, fouling, arguing with the ref, snide challenges.

Undone by great counter attacking.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I didn't realise people were still playing the 'look at me I didn't bother watching England' game

I even did the joke on this very thread yet still someone did it :lol:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Southgate is full of shit, like a long line of England managers before him. They have weeks and weeks of being a football tourist then a couple of weeks in the spotlight so have a long time to dream up drivel.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You’re a class A ****. Shit fan.

Thanks for that. Shit fan, no I'm not a fan. I'm English so follow their games but I'm a fan of one team only. Brighton are the only one important to me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Spain had 5 shots on target. Yet deserved to score at least 6 apparently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here