Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2018 Thread

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Morning everybody! And how are we all on this fine morning after a truly excellent weekend? All well I hope. Brighton winning, Palace (and relegation rivals) losing .... and the Browns winning in overtime! (With truly one of the most ugly field goals I've ever seen).

Brilliant!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’m pretty salty after such a horror show in Kansas. 4 interceptions including a pick 6, one of the interceptions was because Bortles threw the ball into an o-lineman’s head and the ball popped up in the air. Tragic play calling and game management by the coaching staff. AFC South is wiiiiiide open.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
These Browns are going to be the death of me Brovion...I cant handle this sort of stress every weekend for the rest of the season!

Kardiac Kids 2.0

Me too! We could be 5-0 this season ... on the other hand we could also be 0-5!

Whatever happens though at least we didn't cock up the Draft this year. I don't think a franchise ever got it so consistently wrong year after year the way we did; it almost defied belief.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

Whatever happens though at least we didn't cock up the Draft this year. I don't think a franchise ever got it so consistently wrong year after year the way we did; it almost defied belief.

Ward is looking like an inspired pick. I have to admit I didn't know much about him pre draft, but really glad we picked him at #4 now. After a few years of DB mediocrity, that unit is starting to look really good.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

I think last year's draft was pretty decent and the free agency moves this year made sense. Still think the head coach will need to change for the Browns to make full use of all the potential they have gathered. Exciting times to be a Browns fan though.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Ward is looking like an inspired pick. I have to admit I didn't know much about him pre draft, but really glad we picked him at #4 now. After a few years of DB mediocrity, that unit is starting to look really good.

Yeah, I've revised my opinion on Ward. I thought he was the best of a pretty mediocre cornerback class and you'd reached a fair bit for him. Still think he was a slight reach (though NFL front offices really value shutdown corners in the new passing NFL) but he's been fantastic so far.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Encouraging performance from the Steelers this week. The AFC North looks a good division this year, massive game at the Bengals next week that's really going to show us where we are at.

The Falcons were baaaaad though to be honest.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Proud, but also gutted to have been pipped at the post. For the first time this season our offence really turned up, with Carson and Davis outstanding in the rush and Wilson back to his best. So agonising when something as stupid as a false start penalty (bloody Ifedi again!) derailed our final drive, as we could and maybe should have won this.

Hats off to Goff and Gurley though, they are pretty special.

And next week we kick off 3 hours earlier, hooray, no 4am finish for me!!

Absolutely - they were excellent for 3 quarters, and then a couple of penalties derailed it all (Shaq DPI when they had 4th down, Ifedis obligatory false start and Fluker Hold)

If we play like that for the rest of the season we will win far more than we lose... I see light at the end of the tunnel at last.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Especially for [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]

36ad479e5f28abf2eb6c683f294cf5b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Especially for [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]

36ad479e5f28abf2eb6c683f294cf5b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lolol:
Gotta feel for the fella, although he's dug the Packers out of considerably more holes than the ones he's created.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Have yourself a night Drew Brees! What a performance to break the All-Time Passing Yards record. What a QB.
Bet no-one saw that coming when he suffered serious injury and left San Diego.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Lions doing nothing yet again, but some crazy games so far this year....

Keep an eye on Golladay and Kerryon Johnson. If only we could stop the run....

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Have yourself a night Drew Brees! What a performance to break the All-Time Passing Yards record. What a QB.
Bet no-one saw that coming when he suffered serious injury and left San Diego.
I'd rather he had waited a week or two tbh :(

Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here