Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Internet Radios - Consumber advice please

So as better to inflict "Daddy's Music" on the other Pottings I am thinking of treating myself to one of these. I currently stream from my phone to a cheap and cheerful blue tooth speaker whilst slaving in the kitchen and would like something with a bit more "ooomph" so I can more successfully share "Planet Rock" and other "proper" (IMHO) music with them.

Recommendations based on your experiences please, prepared to go up to £199.99.

...and I do know how to spell "consumer" but edit doesn't extend to thread title :)

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
No need to buy an Internet radio, just get a decent bose or sonos. You'll pay about what you want but you'll have amazing sound quality to listen to Internet radio stations all day long.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Amazon Echo in our kitchen which is fine, but not as good as our Sonos Play which has a better bass and range at higher volumes.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
NAD amp and speakers connected to my computer is my preference but I could use my phone as a source. Also have an echo but the quality is not as good but easier to use though.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Living in an area with no radio whatsoever, be it DAB/FM/AM, I consider myself something of an expert on this one :)

Chromecast Audio is your friend - £30 and will just plug in to any old amp/speaker that has 3.5mm jack, RCA (phono) or Optical in. Simplest thing in the world to set up and connects directly to your wifi so doesn't require £$%^&*g bluetooth and your phone doesn't need to remain in range or even switched on if you so wish. I've got several around the house set up as a group so have radio throughout the house. It's GREAT!

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I was at the same stage as yourself 3 months ago when I purchased a Roberts stream 93i, great sound quality and at a affordable £150.00 on line through Richer sounds.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Either a Sonos One (Alexa built in) or the cheaper Sonos Play: 1. Both have brilliant sound quality and are ultra easy to use. Also both are within your budget. You can also expand the system in due course, unlike the stand alone suggestions [emoji106]

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I have a Sonos One, sound quality is impressive for such a small box. Stream from Spotify via my phone or iPad. You can use apps like TuneIn for radio too.

Yes, I agree with this.

I have two Sonos Ones, and a Sonos soundbar for the TV and the quality is very good.

To [MENTION=5384]Norman Potting[/MENTION] If you decide to go for Sonos, they offer a 100 day trial period via their site and they pay for return postage too. But you won't be sending it back!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here