Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Do you really think there's been a lack of effort ?

Watching today but been to 5 others at times yes I do . Effort . Skill , concentration . Silly mistakes call it what I like
Sooner or later games will become must win . The thread on nsc predicts 3 points v West Ham the way we playing at moment b lucky to get a draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
not disgraced but ultimately outclassed, in the pure sense of the word. We will need to concentrate on waxing the likes of cardiff , hudds , palace etc.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Well at least we had a shot on target very early on:lolol:
Kept the score done well but this season we look weaker at the back and going forward and will be in the bottom 4 for sure...

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Well at least we had a shot on target very early on:lolol:
Kept the score done well but this season we look weaker at the back and going forward and will be in the bottom 4 for sure...

Fear not we now have 9 matches where the highest place team we play is everton...im banking on 16 points from those games

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
not a bad first half , caught up field on a rare attack and they countered and showed us how to do it .... second half was poor from both teams I thought , even City didn't seem interested that much but repeated the first half with a sucker punch catching us out of position in the opposite half of the pitch.
Dont blame CH for setting up as we did , almost worked at Pool and was kind of working at City but we never looked like scoring and I dont think it would matter who played up front as the only breaks in the second half were Knocky and he too often looked like he was trying to win it all on his own. A few good forward runs by Locadia but the through ball from midfield was about 10 minutes too slow and long high balls is just not his thing so why we kept doing it I dont know.
A few positives was we defended like lives depended on it and apart from the 2 goals and one other pinball moment I dont think they created too many clear cut chances.
Onwards and upwards , lets hope the Hammers have their customary off day on Friday.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Watched on a stream (thanks for the share) always going to be hard but thought we stuck to the job in hand well. Sadly the ball is always going to come back playing one up.
Thought the three in the middle of the park battled really well. Seemed to look better when Murray came on but the game was lost by then.
He interesting to see how we play our next few away games Newcastle and Cardiff are almost can't lose games.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hopefully Cardiff, Hudd and Newcastle will stay shite all season, saving the bacon of Stains and Brighton.

God forbid any of those buggers finding wins.

As said before this is becoming very reminiscent of CH's first 6 months.
'Saved' by nothing to do with his managerial acumen, but by the fact there are 3 teams more shitehouse than ours.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
not a bad first half , caught up field on a rare attack and they countered and showed us how to do it .... second half was poor from both teams I thought , even City didn't seem interested that much but repeated the first half with a sucker punch catching us out of position in the opposite half of the pitch.
Dont blame CH for setting up as we did , almost worked at Pool and was kind of working at City but we never looked like scoring and I dont think it would matter who played up front as the only breaks in the second half were Knocky and he too often looked like he was trying to win it all on his own. A few good forward runs by Locadia but the through ball from midfield was about 10 minutes too slow and long high balls is just not his thing so why we kept doing it I dont know.
A few positives was we defended like lives depended on it and apart from the 2 goals and one other pinball moment I dont think they created too many clear cut chances.
Onwards and upwards , lets hope the Hammers have their customary off day on Friday.

The set up at Anfield was different, especially second half. The outfield players worked their socks off in pressuring Liverpool players in packs, fighting fire with fire. Right to the last whistle.

Today was the polar opposite.

Do CH and the players subconciously fear ManC and Chelsea more than other teams, so the game's lost before it's started?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here