Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celebrities/sportsmen/sportswomen in Unlikely Places

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
well in no particular order....

Robbie Fowler at Disneyland Florida waiting for kids to come off a ride
Richard Wilson (Victor Meldrew) in the Gents at a departure gate in manchester Airport
Elvis Costello in Virgin record store on Oxford street

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I see a lot of musicians on flights. Morrissey, Slaves, Sex Pistols, Hot Chip (twice), Arctic Monkeys come to immediate mind.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I see a lot of musicians on flights. Morrissey, Slaves, Sex Pistols, Hot Chip (twice), Arctic Monkeys come to immediate mind.

Similar - The Stones, Jay Z (both on New York trips) and several random others either on planes or in lounges like Ian Woosnam, Des O’Connor, Julie and Andy Murray etc. Saw Prince Edward a couple of weeks ago checking into the hotel I was in, and once the Queen and Phil were in the same hotel. In the past seen quite a lot through work - Chris de Burgh, Linford Christie, Terry Wogan, Wenger, Mourinho etc.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Similar - The Stones, Jay Z (both on New York trips) and several random others either on planes or in lounges like Ian Woosnam, Des O’Connor, Julie and Andy Murray etc. Saw Prince Edward a couple of weeks ago checking into the hotel I was in, and once the Queen and Phil were in the same hotel. In the past seen quite a lot through work - Chris de Burgh, Linford Christie, Terry Wogan, Wenger, Mourinho etc.

As for royals I was at a bar in Courchevel a few years back when William and Kate arrived with a bunch of mates and sat a few tables away. I was quite interesting when they left as we then realised the table next to us, and a few other tables, were all undercover security who had arrived ahead of the group and cased the joint before strategically placing themselves around the venue. One of their party asked the DJ for Bohemian Rhapsody and they all head banged to the guitar bit. A mate also met Gerry Halliwell on that trip. We also had Peter Andre in our hotel.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Once saw Blue Peter legend Peter Purves at a Fall gig. Beat that! :moo:

Stood next to Frank Skinner at a Mark E Smith gig at the West Hill Centre.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Was sunbathing by the hotel pool in Vegas and had a pleasant conversation with a guy lying on the next bed. This went on for a few minutes and neither of us opened our eyes to see who we were talking to. Asked him what his holiday plans were and he said "I work here!". It was Leslie Nielson who was hosting a comedy store type show.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Matthew Wright filming something on London Bridge.

Issy Suttie not filming something on London Bridge.

Finally...I'm sure it was this guy from the 15 Million Merits episode of Black Mirror, coming out of the Shard in front of London Bridge station:

220px-Daniel_Kaluuya_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

Fixtures HT. Post #63...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Jesus, that was only a month ago as well. I have no recollection of posting that.

No - June 2017!!

FWIW. - I have no idea who Hot Chip are, so I might have shared a flight with them too?!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No - June 2017!!

FWIW. - I have no idea who Hot Chip are, so I might have shared a flight with them too?!

A year ago, that makes me feel a bit better about my memory; not sure what it says about my eye sight though.

They’re a great band, British electronic pop blue-eyed soul I guess is where you’d place them. The Warning album is the place to start. Then move onto One Life Stand.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here