spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Bong had a good game. Far better player than Suttner

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
So far Suttner has been a big disappointment but could be helping Gross settle and also providing a decent back-up.

Bong has kicked on and improved. Solid best describes him recently which is all we need from him in our first season up here. Kind of expecting him to hold onto the shirt now.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I thought he was bang average for about 60 minutes.

Three or four misplaced passes and a massive reluctance to play the ball to Izqueirdo quickly and when he was in space. Caused us several moments of unnecessary pressure in the process.

Grew into the game but still would have preferred to have seen Suttner there as I believe he offers more going forward at home.

Bong played really well at West Ham so understand why he kept the shirt but for me hampered our attacking yesterday.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
So far Suttner has been a big disappointment but could be helping Gross settle and also providing a decent back-up.

Bong has kicked on and improved. Solid best describes him recently which is all we need from him in our first season up here. Kind of expecting him to hold onto the shirt now.

Has he? Was fairly poor for the first few games but has improved a lot for me, his performance vs Everton was very good. Very little to choose between him and Bong for me, but Bong deserved to keep his place after his performance vs West Ham.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
We wouldn't have conceded against Leicester so early with him in the team that's for sure. Guaranteed would have been out to Mahrez fast and forced him inside much earlier.

I feel a hell of alot more confident defensively with Bong and he hurls his body in the way like the rest of our defence. I also love to see him running at players and on the overlap with his fantastic first time and one-touch cross. As [MENTION=4934]One Teddy Maybank[/MENTION] said, it's when we're in possession fairly deep and is closed down on his left side that I get fearful, he really only has one pass (to Dunk usually) in that situation and it's anything but natural when he has to switch it onto his right.

To think some people said he wasn't good enough for the Championship though :facepalm:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not a lot in him and Suttner - both have done well this season.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We wouldn't have conceded against Leicester so early with him in the team that's for sure. Guaranteed would have been out to Mahrez fast and forced him inside much earlier.

Seem to remember he failed to close down the winger for Bristol City last year and, hey presto, they scored and we didn't win the title!!! So, not guaranteed he would have closed down Mahrez.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Thought Bong had another solid game yesterday and to me is becoming a real 'hard man' of the team. He rarely lets anyone get past him and isn't afraid of putting in a crunching tackle or two. The perfect away left back IMO

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
At the start of the season I doubted Bong could cut it at this level. I’ve been happily proven wrong. When he is around play I can’t help but worry though. He looks wild and like he has a costly mistake in him - but it hasn’t happened yet (from memory). That being said I personally consider Suttner a better player overall due to his vision and distribution. Both have given Hughton a nice selection headache though. It is a nice luxury to rotate in what has been a problem position so many times in the past.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Bong isn't up to this standard of football, if we keep playing him we'll sleepwalk back to the Championship. He should only be in the team when the superior in every aspect Suttner is unavailable. Bong is a solid enough pro and there's no shame in not being good enough for the Premier League but he doesn't offer the team enough and we're weaker when he plays.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here