Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kayak and Baldock - when back?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I was having a hunt about Baldock and it was the 19th July the argus broke the story of his calf .

What I did find interesting is he was out Jan or Feb for a while again with calf injury , Baldock said himself he wasn't sure what causes it and suggested it may be a back injury which results ultimately in the calf flaring up .

It's clear he has had issues and he missed most the end of last season only to appear v Villa.

In the Argus on January 8 2016 it was reported that Baldock was fit for the FA Cup 3rd round game the next day at Hull. He played as a substitute, was an unused sub at Rotherham three days later but missed the Blackburn game four days after that after feeling "..something coming on with his calf.." (per Chris Hughton in the Argus on January 20 2016 - Hughton went on to say "The good news is that on testing there wasn't too much of a problem.").

Whatever the calf issue is/was, it seems to have been around for a significant period of time.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
In the Argus on January 8 2016 it was reported that Baldock was fit for the FA Cup 3rd round game the next day at Hull. He played as a substitute, was an unused sub at Rotherham three days later but missed the Blackburn game four days after that after feeling "..something coming on with his calf.." (per Chris Hughton in the Argus on January 20 2016 - Hughton went on to say "The good news is that on testing there wasn't too much of a problem.").

Whatever the calf issue is/was, it seems to have been around for a significant period of time.

Thanks for this as ever.
Do you have some amazing browser which means you're not pained by spending your time on our local newspaper's website?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thanks for this as ever.
Do you have some amazing browser which means you're not pained by spending your time on our local newspaper's website?

I subscribe to the electronic version of the Argus which, at $46.34 for a year's subscription, offers fantastic value in my humble opinion.

However, having said that, the app (Pagesuite) is not compatible with iOS 11. I'm currently on an iPhone 5s but have been eligible for an upgrade for a while. Somewhat concerned that if I DO upgrade, I will lose my ability to access the Argus subscription.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I've also heard that Baldock's problems may well be not just down to his physical state.

Completely unrelated but about 90 minutes before the West Brom game, he was waiting for a London bound train at Hassocks Station.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I would love to see Baldock back pushing for a place but Kayal is to my mind way down the pecking order now and would struggle to make the bench and could join Skalak.

Who would you play in centre midfield if, god forbid, Stephens or Propper pick up an injury? Bear in mind, Sidwell is out for another six weeks at least, and against Bournemouth in the cup, we played two under 23s in those positions cos we had no other cover.:ffsparr:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Who would you play in centre midfield if, god forbid, Stephens or Propper pick up an injury? Bear in mind, Sidwell is out for another six weeks at least, and against Bournemouth in the cup, we played two under 23s in those positions cos we had no other cover.:ffsparr:

Until such time as Stephens or Propper get an injury or suspension the question doesnt arise and by that time SidKwell could be back and Kayal drop down the list again. Kayal will have to bide his time but Baldock on the other hand will come straight back into the match day squad as soon as he is fit enough.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Until such time as Stephens or Propper get an injury or suspension the question doesnt arise and by that time Sidwell could be back and Kayal drop down the list again. Baldock on the other hand will come straight back into the match day squad as soon as he is fit enough.

I obviously didn't mean playing Baldock as a defensive centre midfield, we have no back up for the next six weeks at least, in that position, and you think Kayal won't even make the bench, when fit. Okay

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I obviously didn't mean playing Baldock as a defensive centre midfield, we have no back up for the next six weeks at least, in that position, and you think Kayal won't even make the bench, when fit. Okay

I think that Sidwell will be in front of him and we only need 1 CM on the bench. If Kayal is fit inside 6 weeks then obviously he would be considered.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think that Sidwell will be in front of him and we only need 1 CM on the bench. If Kayal is fit inside 6 weeks then obviously he would be considered.

Bearing in mind that CH has said Kayal will be back in training this week,and Sidwell said he expects to be out another six weeks,what basis has your belief that Sidwell will be back sooner?

Just re-read your post, I realise now you think Kayal would be behind Sidwell for selection, if both were fit, not he'll be back after Sidders. I think they are both about level and I expect, if they both play to their full ability, they would get about equal game time. They each offer something different to the team.

Last edited:

Chijeff

Jan 23, 2017
Didn't we upgrade his contract pre season. How much is he being paid to be sick. Did mention this to C H per the 16-17 season.
His comment 'he works hard for the team when on the pitch'. His reply to me saying he seems a wasted space, get shot of him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry Chailey CH is so incredibly vague about injuries that I don't tend to take much notice of his updates. In my world "a little longer" is not more than two months, and let's be honest, there is absolutely no sign of a Baldock come back so it's likely to stretch to over three months. It would have been good to know he was going to be out for that long when he had surgery.

Maybe he was not saying much because our inability to land strikers would have seemed worse if we'd known Baldock was going to be out for a large chunk of the season.

Schtopp.

We have players. We have a club. The club manages the players. Sometimes the players are injured.

In an alternative universe, we have an evil empire. The evil empire tells lies about our players. Do these players even exist? Feel your trousers - there see! They are taking the money out of your trousers!

:ffsparr::shootself

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Kayak reminds me of this super film:lolol:

Attachments

• IMG_0556.JPG
    IMG_0556.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 331

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here