Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Huddersfield

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
6's for Stockdale, Kayal & Tex. 5's for the rest.
Worst atmosphere at the amex ever. Except for the beach ball in the North stand...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's interesting that some people have given 5's, 6's and 7's. 1 is shocking, 10 is a 'walking on water' performance. I only saw shocking to mediocre last night. Stockdale made a couple of key saves but has clearly attended the Joe Hart school of distribution. ZERO shots on target and embarrassing diving at times. Best doing what Best does-not a lot but non stop moaning while he doesn't do it.

Nobody deserved anything close to a 5 last night. There was no urgency from any of them, nobody making space and for throw ins nobody wanted the bloody ball.

A collective 3 from me with 3 being 'Bloody Awful'.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's interesting that some people have given 5's, 6's and 7's. 1 is shocking, 10 is a 'walking on water' performance. I only saw shocking to mediocre last night. Stockdale made a couple of key saves but has clearly attended the Joe Hart school of distribution. ZERO shots on target and embarrassing diving at times. Best doing what Best does-not a lot but non stop moaning while he doesn't do it.

Nobody deserved anything close to a 5 last night. There was no urgency from any of them, nobody making space and for throw ins nobody wanted the bloody ball.

A collective 3 from me with 3 being 'Bloody Awful'.
I agree. Find it hard that posters say how bad we were then hand out 5 6 7's. Whats the point of scoring out of ten when awful performances get a 5.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Stockdale - 6 - made some important saves.
Bruno - 5 - some wayward passes (but at least he tries them) but almost made a goal for Calde with his run and pull back late on.
Halford - 4 - got turned / robbed a few times - probably his poorest performance of late.
Dunk - 4 - almost cost us a goal first half by trying to get in front of Ishmael Miller Way below par lately.
Bennett - 5 - sometimes good, sometimes bad.
Calderon - 4 - Industious, but too slow
Kayal - 6 MOM - looked strong throughout - some good passing -especially first half.
Stephens - 5 - tidy, but in my view playing too deep.
Teixeira - 5 - would have been a 6 for his trickery, but for the horror tackle that led to his injury.
Best - 5 - worked hard - certainly didn't deserve to be booed off.
Carayol - 5 - meh.

Lualua - 4 - no impact, scared to take people on.
Mackail-Smith - 3 - poor as usual - seems like he's playing on tarmac with a petrol station football - awful contol.
O'Grady - 5 - looked ok, nothing more.

I'd go along with this.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stephens frustrates me. Clearly there's a decent player in there somewhere, but we've rarely seen the best of him (hmmm...doesn't that sound familiar?). I lost count of how many times he passed the ball straight to an opponent last night. Do we test our players' colour vision when we sign them?

Last night wasn't his best game, and he did give the ball away on numerous occasions. But on each of these occasions it was because he was trying to inject some dynamism into our play, by passing it first-time and forwards. Because of this, I can forgive him for the litany of passes that went straight to an opponent, because out other players seldom play passes first time or forward, let alone both, and this is something we really need to work on. We're so slow and ponderous. We need to know how to play counter-attacking football. The amount of occasions last night when we had the opportunity to do so, we didn't, because nobody could spot or execute the pass.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stockdale 6 did all he had to which was virtually nothing very lucky at the end to keep clean sheet.
Bruno 4 contirbuted nothing other than a mishit shot/cross near the end.
Halford 5 Nothing special no mistakes of note
Dunk 5 as per Halford
Bennett 5 mixed bag some good defending some awful.
Stephens 7.5 MOM would have been higher if all passes were accurate
Kayal 7 Started well but faded in 2nd half needs to get in the box more.
Calderon 4 Offered nothing did nothing should have been substituted.
Carayol 5 Few good runs woukd have liked to see on the rightinstead of Calde with Lua on left to get at them

Teixeira 6.5 The only likely to score but needs more composure and turn into the box rather than away from it.
Best 4 couple of good moments but generally made up the numbers
SUBS
Lua Lua 5 Scared to run at players nowadays.
CMS 5 Not given anything to chase when it is a known fact Lynch does not like facing speedy players.
COG 5 No great improvement on Best but extra point cos he tries.

CH etc 3 very poor as if they know we are safe and counting the days to holiday. They have had plenty of time to see the players and what have come in generally no better than we had already.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The average of everyones scores here:

Stockdale 6.15
Kayal 5.5
Stephens 5.3
Tex 4.85
Dunk 4.6
Halford 4.6
Bennett 4.6
Carayol 4.5
Bruno 4.2
Best 4.1
Calderon 4.05
COG 4
Lua Lua 3.9
CMS 3.2

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Stockdale 6

Bennett 5
Dunk 5
Halford 5
Bruno 6

Kayal 6
Stephens 5
Tex 4
Carayol 5
Calderón 5

Best 5 Very frustrated with the service afforded to him and not being played in when he was wanting the ball. Best of what we have.

Lua Lua 3
COG 4
CMS 4

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings

Highest Rated:
Stockdale 5.93 (98mins, 19 votes)

The Rest:
Kayal 5.61 (98mins, 19 votes)