Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
A lot, lot more than I currently accept the result of the first referendum. That was fought on topics so unrelated to the current debate on Brexit as to appear to be on a completely different subject - did we hear about 'backstops' in the referendum debate? No we did not.

So if Remain was to lose a referendum vote played on the current battlefield, I can accept the democratic result. I will still think the leavers are ridiculous to have done so, and will still bemoan what it means to our environment, our place in the world, our economy in the macro, and several of my friends jobs and careers in the micro, but at least I will know the people have decided based on the proper information.

Double thumbs up for this.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Jacob Rees Mogg just told journalists even if May removes backstop from Withdrawal Agreement completely it won’t be enough. Calls delay “pointless” because result is inevitable ‘unless there is a new Prime Minister’

As Predicted by some MPs

Nothing would be enough for the ERG

And there we have it.

The referendum was only cooked up in the first place to try to unite a Tory party that had been divided on Europe for decades. So, guess what? They’re still divided by Europe, and they always will be.

Any decent opposition would have made mincemeat of them by now but who do we have in charge? A Brexiteer in Remainers clothing. Old, smelly Remainers clothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Jacob Rees Mogg just told journalists even if May removes backstop from Withdrawal Agreement completely it won’t be enough. Calls delay “pointless” because result is inevitable ‘unless there is a new Prime Minister’

As Predicted by some MPs

Nothing would be enough for the ERG

But Boris said it would be enough for him to support. What a shower

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
In this instance, what would represent substantial, in your opinion? Another vote would not, I feel, reach 75% either way.

I think that if the government had come to the position where it is now, without an initial referendum, a subsequent vote would get close to, if not surpass, 75% remain. A second referendum would not get that high however because many people will feel wedded to their original vote.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I see instead of the Brexit vote tomorrow Andrea Leadsom has confirmed that MP's will now consider Lords amendments to The Ivory Bill and the 18 day Christmas recess from December 20th still takes place as well.

Crisis? What Crisis?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
what an ugly, smallminded and unpleasant sentiment to have.

just horrible.

Yes, ugly and small minded.

And yet entirely in keeping with the track record of far too many ‘leavers’. Far too many, for whom ‘winning’ is all that matters now, regardless of the consequences.

Truly pathetic.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I see instead of the Brexit vote tomorrow Andrea Leadsom has confirmed that MP's will now consider Lords amendments to The Ivory Bill and the 18 day Christmas recess from December 20th still takes place as well.

Crisis? What Crisis?

a71cd9e3ecfbe2dc5740a73007ccd176.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
what an ugly, smallminded and unpleasant sentiment to have.

just horrible.

I think you probably need to go and read Plooks' past posts with his opinions of home owners and pensioners. He gets what he sows.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well done, you have scoured the news for some negative UK economic stories, you genuinely bore me and I really cannot be arsed to chat to a bloke calling himself [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] with an avatar of a currywurst and chips, so I would appreciate it if you don't involve me in your usual drivel, especially when you were not invited to do so.

Not invited to do so? We need invites? My word, you really are quite full of yourself. All things considered, I’ll take your reply as an admission you’ve run out of arguments....and hot air.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

And yet entirely in keeping with the track record of far too many ‘leavers’. Far too many, for whom ‘winning’ is all that matters now, regardless of the consequences.

Truly pathetic.
You will find that the reason why it's escalated into a shambles is because of remainers and remainer politicians feeding the EU with uncertainty over here.Now it we had proper leadership and direction and got on with the process far quicker things would have been a lot lot better.
The power hungry EU are nothing but bullies and control freaks who will do anything to stop countries leaving !!
You have leaders and followers and remainers are followers just like most of our weak politicians.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You will find that the reason why it's escalated into a shambles is because of remainers and remainer politicians feeding the EU with uncertainty over here.Now it we had proper leadership and direction and got on with the process far quicker things would have been a lot lot better.
The power hungry EU are nothing but bullies and control freaks who will do anything to stop countries leaving !!
You have leaders and followers and remainers are followers just like most of our weak politicians.

Hook, line and sinker.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Us Leaving damages the EU, as they have continually stated, but they have to had to prepare for, and mitigate themselves against, a range of eventualities as the Tories fight amongst themselves.

Remainers wanted to keep the same freedoms and protections that the EU offers. Plain and simple.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Truly pathetic.
Yes, indeed. It is all about preserving the win now. Consequences and damage don't matter. It's about keeping the win - which is why a 2nd referendum is a false salvation and will just provide the same result.

*It's easier to fool someone, than convince someone they have been fooled*

Oh well, Darwinism wins.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yes, ugly and small minded. .

You might want to go and check out the names leavers have been called on this thread by remainers. I'll help you by naming some of the guilty - Clamp, Plooks, Dave in Prague ( who has strangely changed his name ).

Dr. No

Nov 28, 2016

No.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You might want to go and check out the names leavers have been called on this thread by remainers. I'll help you by naming some of the guilty - Clamp, Plooks, Dave in Prague ( who has strangely changed his name ).

No one likes a grass.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

Changed my name because I now reside in Plzen and not Prague. If you find that strange, then I guess what ive called leavers is fairly accurate. Sorry it confused you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here