Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy goal

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Bruno keeping that ball in play was simply brilliant, very similar to Wayne Bridge keeping a long ball from Gordon Greer alive to setup Orlandi with the first goal against Newcastle in the 2013 FA Cup. I think Bruno takes this one though on the athleticism shown.

(From about 50 seconds in the video below).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyn5t9xLUX8

I had completely forgotten about Will Hoskins. Shame injuries got in the way for him.

David Lopez made a lot of the challenge to get Ameobi sent off didn't he! :O

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It was a perfect goal for our supporters as well, as soon as his head hit the ball it was clear their keeper was never going to save it and I'm sure there Was a collective YES a split second before the ball hit the net

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
There was a fantastic camera angle on MOTD that shows Duffy is just outside of the 18 yard box when March crosses the ball...a superb move and a nice variation to last weeks goal scored from a corner by Murray

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I remember being very annoyed that the corner was taken quickly, as one of our biggest strengths is Dunk and Duffy at set-pieces. Yes, they made astonishing speed to get up, Dunk so much so that he couldn't stay on his feet when he got there!

I was glad it was taken quickly as the ref was ready to blow for half time.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
El Capitan. An inspiration to all those players who feel they may be 'past it'.

Work hard, train well, eat properly, and you can play like you're ten years younger.

I wish I could do that,

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Both headed goals were sublime

What is pleasing is Duffy's conversion rate this season considering he got zilch last season

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Shane Duffy you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind SHANE DUFFY! SHANE DUFFY!

It was a great goal, would only have been better if 3 or 4 Huddersfield players were scattered like bowling pins.

Lovely goal.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
What is pleasing is Duffy's conversion rate this season considering he got zilch last season

My thoughts entirely. Last season he could get his head to a ball but where it went was pretty random. This season he seems to have discovered how to direct it

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
Bruno keeping that ball in play was simply brilliant, very similar to Wayne Bridge keeping a long ball from Gordon Greer alive to setup Orlandi with the first goal against Newcastle in the 2013 FA Cup. I think Bruno takes this one though on the athleticism shown.

(From about 50 seconds in the video below).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyn5t9xLUX8

That's my favourite goal of the Amex era. I've never seen a goal quite like it in execution.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I would Like to see more goals from Dunk and Duffy arriving a bit late and not getting involved in the rugby takles in the box.
Well done Bruno showed never give up attitude.
Two assist by Solly.
Well done team now for Tueday battle.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Duffy in Crooks team of the week again. Here is what he said......

Shane Duffy: No ifs, buts or maybes, Steve Mounie had to go. The Huddersfield striker's tackle on Brighton's Yves Bissouma was reckless, leaving referee Michael Oliver no choice but to give the player his marching orders. Once Mounie left the field, the game was over and it was only a matter of time before Brighton made the Terriers pay for their folly. The quality of Shane Duffy's timing into the box was matched only by that of his equalizing header. What Chris Hughton is doing at that club is nothing short of the miraculous.

Did you know? Duffy won more aerial duels than any other player (11) as Brighton won 2-1 at Huddersfield on Saturday.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Duffy in Crooks team of the week again. Here is what he said......

Shane Duffy: No ifs, buts or maybes, Steve Mounie had to go. The Huddersfield striker's tackle on Brighton's Yves Bissouma was reckless, leaving referee Michael Oliver no choice but to give the player his marching orders. Once Mounie left the field, the game was over and it was only a matter of time before Brighton made the Terriers pay for their folly. The quality of Shane Duffy's timing into the box was matched only by that of his equalizing header. What Chris Hughton is doing at that club is nothing short of the miraculous.

Did you know? Duffy won more aerial duels than any other player (11) as Brighton won 2-1 at Huddersfield on Saturday.

Agree with all of it except: What Chris Hughton is doing at that club is nothing short of the miraculous.

Cheeky beggar.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agree with all of it except: What Chris Hughton is doing at that club is nothing short of the miraculous.

Cheeky beggar.

Clearly Garth can't spell tedious.

feckin victories, I hate it when we win, nothing's funny when we win.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK

Gosh that was a fun side to watch. I see Will Hoskins is now plying his trade flamin' down under. He's only 32 so I presume injuries did quite the job of knackering him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here