Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Another race for me this weekend. It's Canada's biggest running event, The Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon. Always a fun one to do, or even to spectate. I'm doing the half marathon and hoping to correct the fact my current half PB is slower than both halves of my full PB.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would that be Town Moor Parkrun in Newcastle? Did it a couple of years ago when played them in the Championship.
Nice flat course but I think it gets windy.
Nice cafe on the lake for breakfast after. Very close to Wylam Brewery too.

Yup that’s the one - not run it before so looking forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exhibition Park ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Another race for me this weekend. It's Canada's biggest running event, The Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon. Always a fun one to do, or even to spectate. I'm doing the half marathon and hoping to correct the fact my current half PB is slower than both halves of my full PB.

Seems doable.....:lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes - if I remember correctly Exhibition Park is the SE corner of the much larger Town Moor which is a big area of common land in the middle of Newcastle

Just walked through Bigg Market. There’s quite a lot that’s common in Newcastle [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Looking forward to the Newcastle reports. Easy jog at the Prom for me today but think I witnessed [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] edge a SB and Strava tells me [MENTION=88]Bob![/MENTION] smashed one. The table awaits official times.

Hove 10K tomorrow. Should be fun. Will hold back a minute and aim around 44". Priority run is in 2-3 weeks need to keep something in reserve............

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looking forward to the Newcastle reports. Easy jog at the Prom for me today but think I witnessed [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] edge a SB and Strava tells me [MENTION=88]Bob![/MENTION] smashed one. The table awaits official times.

Hove 10K tomorrow. Should be fun. Will hold back a minute and aim around 44". Priority run is in 2-3 weeks need to keep something in reserve............

Very mediocre 22.30ish for me. Lovely route, big loop around a wide open parkland space, but very crowded (must have been 500 runners, on a fairly narrow path) and a gate after about 300 yards created a big bottleneck - lost about 30s on first mile. Started too far back in reality, would go further forward next time. Some of the path is loose stones rather tarmac. Usual reflux issues again but didn’t really impact time too much, just annoying. Great to meet [MENTION=25508]soistes[/MENTION] - we were both in team colours (junior wimped out), and I did get a cheerful ‘**** off’ as I overtook a magpie shirt 500m from the end [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Very mediocre 22.30ish for me. Lovely route, big loop around a wide open parkland space, but very crowded (must have been 500 runners, on a fairly narrow path) and a gate after about 300 yards created a big bottleneck - lost about 30s on first mile. Started too far back in reality, would go further forward next time. Some of the path is loose stones rather tarmac. Usual reflux issues again but didn’t really impact time too much, just annoying. Great to meet [MENTION=25508]soistes[/MENTION] - we were both in team colours (junior wimped out), and I did get a cheerful ‘**** off’ as I overtook a magpie shirt 500m from the end [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Mine was even more mediocre and a minute slower than [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION]. I doubt it’s even a 70% AGR (I blame a late and well-lubricated Friday evening on the Toon), but I would endorse that description of the course - lovely setting with nice open views, but a very slow start if you’re not right at the front, and far too many pinch points. Good to see a friendly face in Albion colours!

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Worthing for me. First one for many weeks and Achilles not at their best: 22.41 (AG 72.59%) which I'd describe as 'surprisingly not awful'. Conditions perfect. Pleased to be 'back'. Well done to anyone who picked up a PB or simply did a new course.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove

ha - missed an SB by one second! Started too fast. Lovely day in the Prom though. Off for two weeks holidays now and expect to return having lost marathon fitness so it will be time to start again.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I managed a 24.08 (SB 24.06) at SWF parkrun on Saturday, so no update required for me.
Back to Maldon next week, aiming for 23.xx

Yes, mission accomplished!

23.47 Official time, fastest for 3 years.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
19:13 at Guildford today, a second slower than my SB for that course, so heading back in the right direction. Need to do some intervals and tempo work ahead of the Jigsaw 10k at Dunsfold next month though as I'm definitely not in form for the shorter distances - Need to drop the half a stone I've put on since Brighton Marathon

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
My Garmin suggests that getting to my seat at St James Park has had the same training effect as this morning’s Parkrun [emoji28]

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Preston Park for the second week in a row for me - 19:29 as a warm up for tomorrow. My new friend ran 19:45, so she's clearly a quick girl. I think tomorrow comes too soon for her to step up the distance but I'll be going into it with the intention of sitting on [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] and seeing where I am toward the business the end of the race.

I trust those sampling Newcastle enjoyed it, I thought it was a lovely course when I was up there. A few twists and turns but decent enough as a course with plenty of variation in the surfaces and although it's rammed, it's a big course to prevent too much cramping. That was my impression, but I did hammer the first mile to get a bit of space.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Great morning on Hove seafront for the 10k. A PB from the man in form and a tempo run from me where I couldn’t lift up to 5k pace till the run in. 45:42 disappointing but 2” mins up on Worthing in June and good to run a comfortable 10k, the NSC favourite distance.

AndyH

Mar 10, 2012
Anyone else doing the Beachy Head Marathon next Sat? Going to be my first attempt so in blissful ignorance of all the hills at the moment. Forecast looks good so that will be a bonus.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyone else doing the Beachy Head Marathon next Sat? Going to be my first attempt so in blissful ignorance of all the hills at the moment. Forecast looks good so that will be a bonus.

Giving it a miss this year (*might* be doing a race on Sunday instead). Beachy is really brilliant though...have done it half a dozen times. Don’t worry about your time, don’t try to run in the first half mile or so, wave to Pete the Piper, thank the volunteers, stop for a bun and cup of tea at Littlington and try not to swear too much in the last 10k as the Seven B*tches bite you on the arse, time and again [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]........and take your trunks for a swim afterwards. Top, top race.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here