Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Five die in Afghanistan.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Awful - losing 1 member of armed forces is wrong, to lose 5 in something like this is a tragedy - thoughts go out to their friends and family. This isnt a time for politics or getting 1 over another person.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
I am totally stunned can not believe anyone would post that. Jamie was funny he just needs euthanasia painfully

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Actually,i think the first reply to my original post came back as something like'RESPECT no,R-i-P certainly ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This is not the time to play politics, Afghanistan right or wrong those guys/ girls were there doing their job. As a serving Army helicopter pilot myself they may well be friends of mine that paid the ultimate sacrifice today, I'm waiting to hear their names. Please keep the politics out of it. Thanks.

RIP - I hope they are not your mates.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I could be wrong ? No doubt a moderater can check it. Like many just can't see why we need to be there.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The Ministry of Defence has confirmed the deaths of five UK Service personnel following a Lynx helicopter crash in Afghanistan.

The crash happened during a routine flight in Kandahar Province, southern Afghanistan, on 26 April 2014. Three of the servicemen were from the Army Air Corps, based at RAF Odiham in Hampshire. One was a Royal Air Force serviceman also based at RAF Odiham. One was a member of the Army Reserve from 3 Military Intelligence Battalion, based in London.

Commander Joint Helicopter Command, Major General Richard Felton, said:

"It is with great sadness that we must confirm that five UK Service personnel have been killed in this incident which, at this early stage, would appear to have been a tragic accident.

"Events like this, whilst mercifully rare, remind us of the risks our personnel face in their work in Afghanistan as we approach the conclusion of the combat mission later this year. Our thoughts are with the families and loved ones of those who have lost their lives."

The next of kin of all the servicemen have been informed.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Anyone who's chosen to use words such as 'Vile' and 'Scum' on a thread like this needs to chuck themselves off a cliff!
Look in the mirror you bunch of fools, you might just recognise your reflection! Have some respect and stop with the disgusting language on a thread remembering the dead.
Innocent people die and so do soldiers. Let's remember them all, not just the ones who've got guns!

Last edited:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
It's being reported that the helicopter had technical difficulties so it could have happened in the UK.

RIP to the servicemen and thoughts go out to their families.

Oh no! Saying it has been reported as an accident will get [MENTION=12292]The Truth[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20045]hybrid_x[/MENTION] on here saying that's just a cover up and the CT is that the Taliban downed it but the MOD don't want to give them the credit .....

Edit: And RIP goes without saying - not only were these people doing their jobs, but they were also following orders, like all military personnel do.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Edit: And RIP goes without saying - not only were these people doing their jobs, but they were also following orders, like all military personnel do.

Same goes for the terrorist, cartels, gangsters and anyone else who's involved in organised crime. RIP.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
You really are a pathetic and lonely person aren't you. Get back to your stupid conspiracy theories.

How do you sleep? What an utter tw@,I hope you are just fishing, because otherwise, you are a waste of skin. What ever your deluded view of the world is, these were five young people, with families who will be in bits now, and you choosecto make smartarse, ignorant, moronic comments like that

how can anyone deem it "respectable" to be "just doing their job" when flying a military helicopter over rural areas that pose no threat to anyone. personal insults as replies show you have nothing intelligent to offer.

do you know how many Afghans have died in Afghanistan V how many "british" soldiers have died there?

You started "just doing there job" crap - so i made that comment look foolish - keep up your patiotism and nationism - you only serve to help the banks and corporations.....but that might take some reading.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
how can anyone deem it "respectable" to be "just doing their job" when flying a military helicopter over rural areas that pose no threat to anyone. personal insults as replies show you have nothing intelligent to offer.

do you know how many Afghans have died in Afghanistan V how many "british" soldiers have died there?

You started "just doing there job" crap - so i made that comment look foolish - keep up your patiotism and nationism - you only serve to help the banks and corporations.....but that might take some reading.

It is you that has nothing intelligent to offer. I suggest that you go away.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
One of the most appalling posts that I have read on NSC for a long time. I hope you're proud of yourself. I have worked closely with the spouses and families of Naval Servicemen who have died in Iraq and Afghanistan and have witnessed first hand the grief and despair that they go through when they have lost a loved one. I shudder to think how any of them would react if they read your post. Shame on you.

death is appalling, war for corps and banks is appalling, having military aircraft bomb civilians is appalling.....
...then somone on this thread makes out it is respectable because they are just "doing there job" ???

sorry, but that is nonsense - and unfortunately what i said was objective truth, and it's not as if i condone either job ffs.

so - what i see in this thread is people thinking its ok to bomb civilians in a peaceful area of the world - if following orders - as they are english, but if they are middle eastern or german, then it is a massive problem.

you are prejudice and racist.

ps - i know people who have lost people too - it hurts - and these were people who did not sign their life up to "train as a killing machine ready for war." ....errr, volunteering for this "career" sort of sits in the death arena compared to a being a postman dont ya think? What do you think they are doing there? Planting f00king flowers? No, marching around with guns and a killing machines.

Protecting what threat to the UK - errr, none, zilch.
Benefiting what in the UK? The stock markets, economy, mega-corps, national power base.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
It is you that has nothing intelligent to offer. I suggest that you go away.

i beg to differ - your post above contains no opinion, fact, or narrative....and fails to answer the question you quoted.

you sound a bit like a child - "go away, you have different views from me - i want an internet forum where everyone agrees with me."

Let me ask you a simple question to see if any cogs are turning in there, do YOU think the poor souls who died deserve respect "simply because they were doing their job and following orders?"

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
I have worked closely with the spouses and families of Naval Servicemen who have died in Iraq and Afghanistan and have witnessed first hand the grief and despair that they go through when they have lost a loved one.

Can i ask you one question to help clear something up for me?

Please note I fully appreciate pain and hurt, and have worked with it in it's many guises - but can you please enlighten me with one thing?

Because one has witnessed the pain of one group of people, and not the other (in this case lets say, Iraqi and Afghan families of dead civilians due to British forces) - does this make the pain you have witnessed objectively more painful than the other?

I am going with a "no" - but I really want someone to explain to me how we seem to have a thread full of Yes's.

ps if you want to insult or be angry (ironically the roots of much war and death) pm me as not to clog the thread up.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
i beg to differ - your post above contains no opinion, fact, or narrative....and fails to answer the question you quoted.

you sound a bit like a child - "go away, you have different views from me - i want an internet forum where everyone agrees with me."

Let me ask you a simple question to see if any cogs are turning in there, do YOU think the poor souls who died deserve respect "simply because they were doing their job and following orders?"

My opinion is that you should keep yours to yourself on a thread like this. You are clearly not intelligent enough to realise that yourself, so you need to be told.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
My opinion is that you should keep yours to yourself on a thread like this. You are clearly not intelligent enough to realise that yourself, so you need to be told.

answer the question.

it's because of respect for human life (be it loss of soldiers thro neadless war, civilians bombed, or heroin addiction) that posts like this become oh so relevant in a thread like this.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-24919056
http://www.globalresearch.ca/drug-war-american-troops-are-protecting-afghan-opium-u-s-occupation-leads-to-all-time-high-heroin-production/5358053

Last edited:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

You really do have an overblown sense of your own intelligence, don't you? I wonder if you really understand that a highly offensive post like yours, comparing young service personnel, with Nazi concentration camp guards, is possibly the most abhorrent comment that I ever read on here, and if you were intelligent, instead of a nasty minded keybiard warrior, then your argument would be far more credible, but as it is , your previous posts must border on the delusioal rantings of someone with mental health problems, therefore I will pity you rather than condemn you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here