Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If anyone doesn't want their fivers I will happily take them off you.......

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Because they are not 'using ' them as such it's a promisary note? They are holding them and maybe storing them. Are you saying you can't sit on a seat because it's leather or touch the ground in case there is a dead animal under it? People are dying all over the world, horrible things are happening everyday to countless people, major real events that actually effect peoples lives not this "oh look at me I'm offended bollocks"

Protest about something that actually matters, world peace, the NHS, Terrorism, something real not inconsequential nonsense. That clear enough? Oh and don't eat £5 notes

There's a few tweets and some press releases. Hardly a 'protest'.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What have Australian vegies done as their currency has been plastic for sometime now.

I think it would be fun to be in a queue when a vegie refuses to accept a plastic £5 note as change, and are presented with a take it or leave it response

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm about 40℅ bacon and I went out with a vegetarian for 3 years. She was ****ing mental and her farts stank. Hope that helps.

Jan 30, 2008
some people are just such tossers aren't they?

The twitter post of that angela just shows what is wrong with the world to me. There are so many things you could actually find upsetting, put your energy toward and fly the flag for change.

Instead she is a offended by nothing and feels that the world should give a shit

(is it possible to tell i am a bit grumpy today?)
maybe she's a virgin as well???
regards
DR

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I'm pretty sure they do have other things that they worry about.

Why is someone a **** because they don't want to use products that have animal byproducts in them?

Because its just ****ing dumb. Will they not go in a vehicle with tyres or use a smart phone with a case or precious metals? Sorry they need to get a grip

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Why is someone a **** because they don't want to use products that have animal byproducts in them?

Because they expect the majority who don't give a monkeys to indulge their own self interests?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Sh1te, I read this quickly as "If anyone doesn't want their livers I will happily take them off you......."

Was going to suggest putting in the Articles for Sale section.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Recently I have been given quite a few of the new £5 notes in change that just roll up as soon as they are handed over, retaining the shape they were in the night before

Remember folks, they might be new and clean now, but in a years time, every coke addict in the UK will have licked the note you are holding clean :)

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Because its just ****ing dumb. Will they not go in a vehicle with tyres or use a smart phone with a case or precious metals? Sorry they need to get a grip

Because they expect the majority who don't give a monkeys to indulge their own self interests?

Yeah you guys are right. We should just exploit everything and anything.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That was my first reaction too – surely it's only a problem if they were going to eat it? I wonder what else they'd object to? Always makes me laugh when I see a vegetarian with leather shoes or bag...

As far as shoes (and boots) are concerned, Vegan Doc Martins are readily available; they do cost more though.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I broke the news to me Buddhist colleague, who was less than impressed. He has my sympathy I think it is unreasonable.

He has chosen to live his life as a vegan for religious reasons, he does not try to cram his views down anyone else's throat and doesn't judge others. The best suggestion was to ask for coins as change rather than a fiver to try not to make a big deal of it. Given that this design has gone through forty six committees and countless sub committees, I do think this was worthy of consideration.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I've got TWO HUNDRED to get rid of, I'll USE them for your TICKET to Australia BUT you MUST go this WEEK

I hate to break it to you Ernest but we have the internet in Australia........... and discos

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What have Australian vegies done as their currency has been plastic for sometime now.

I think it would be fun to be in a queue when a vegie refuses to accept a plastic £5 note as change, and are presented with a take it or leave it response

surely they would be offered some pound coins instead?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I agree, can't be that hard to produce bank notes with no animal byproducts in them. I would suggest this would be an easy fix that would be accepting of a group of people's way of life. Prbably should have thought this through when they made them. Any way no need for drama and outrage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here