Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
That's tremendous BoF.
What kit and settings?

An old Canon Powershot SX10, no idea what setting. A friend lent it to me three years ago and forgot to take it back. Have never got round to downloading an instruction manual. It was x80, propped up by a couple of books on a car bonnet.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
An old Canon Powershot SX10, no idea what setting. A friend lent it to me three years ago and forgot to take it back. Have never got round to downloading an instruction manual. It was x80, propped up by a couple of books on a car bonnet.
Thanks. Looks like I need to buy a couple of books!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Back on insect safari in France. Silver-Washed Fritillary?

Attachments

• NSC DSC_2052 Edit Exceptional.JPG
    NSC DSC_2052 Edit Exceptional.JPG
    314.3 KB · Views: 203

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
i am looking to upgrade my Bridge camera (nikon p510) to the Nikon D3200. I have the choice to get it from jessops or amazon both with next day delivery and both the same price but the jessops one comes with a 20gb sd card.
who would be better to purchase from?

Nikon D3200 is a good buy right now. Even I could afford one.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Nikon D3200 is a good buy right now. Even I could afford one.

Currys and Jessops both stock them. Maybe a D5300 would have been a better more expensive choice?

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Any one got some ideas for me to go and take some nice photos of anything really. Just want to go have a little wonder. But have been to ditching beacon, Devils dyke and mill hill and the big railway bridge over near balcombe.
I live in hove and don't want to go to far.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Any one got some ideas for me to go and take some nice photos of anything really. Just want to go have a little wonder. But have been to ditching beacon, Devils dyke and mill hill and the big railway bridge over near balcombe.

A bit late I'm afraid Zukey, having only just seen this thread! There's some nice berries on various trees and shrubs at the moment. Could be good for close-ups?
How about the smokefest in Newhaven for something unusual and hopefully rare?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Were you successful on Sunday? If so, can you post a couple here?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Lancing college is great for photos...anyone know OT how easy it is to gain access to the cement works?

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Were you successful on Sunday? If so, can you post a couple here?

Hello, sorry about the late reply, been very busy.
I didn't go over that way but I went over to lancing and onto the beach and took some photos of the lighthouse and the lifeboat place.
I'm not the best at photography but trying to learn, it's my first Dslr. I took a photo of the lighthouse using a forced perspective. To you guys and girls it might be rubbish. But just trying out different techniques.
View attachment 60805

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here