Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The REMF donates £10,000 to kids in Kenya and Zambia

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
The REMF is proud to announce that it has agreed to support funding applications from two Albion supporters, Matt Wilkin, Thunder Foundation, and Liz O-Brien, Raging Nomad, for the approximate total sum of £10,000. These applications are:-

1.Matt Wilkin, Team Thunder FC, Nairobi, Kenya.

A sum of £5,000 will help around 65 schoolchildren, aged between 9 and 16, in Nairobi, Kenya. This area of Kawangware, is the second largest slum area in the whole of Kenya. Support will also be given to children of that area that suffer from special needs. There is currently no funding whatsoever, and equipment is resourced from where ever possible. The funding will give these kids a focus and keeps them off the streets and away from the dangers of drugs and alcohol

The support will help to provide equipment which will include goals, nets, balls, shirts, shorts, socks, bibs, first aid kit, training aids, etc.

2. Liz O’Brien, Ngoma Leopards F.C., Nanzhila United, Chongwe College P.E. Training, Zambia

Liz is working at Chongwe College but also tries to improve facilities and resources for 2 local football teams. The football clubs have no money at all and have to “beg, borrow and steal” from each other. The fund will help youngsters of 5 years and upwards and as Liz puts it, “it will help 100’s of children, at the last penalty competition I ran, over 50 boys and girls turned up”. The P.E. College is self-funding and helps to train young Zambians to become Primary School teachers of which, P.E. is a major part of the curriculum. Not very easy when they have little or no equipment whatsoever. A sum of around £5,000 will help, help to provide equipment for which will include goals, nets, balls, kit – just about everything they require.

Thanks everyone for the superb support that we receive.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
REMF is an inspiration to any BHAFC supporter, well done everyone a fabulous funding that shows the we really can help people anywhere in this planet.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
My two children (two and an half and four and half) are safely tucked up in bed and looking forward to a trip to the zoo.

They don't have everything by any means, but they have two loving parents and plenty of books, toys, DVDs, crayons, lego, a pet cat, a big garden and a sandpit and a warm house and plenty food. I can't imagine what it must be like for kids with nothing.

Hats off to those who play football, run marathons, go to quizzes, make stupid bets, play golf, raffle Peter Ward montages and do just about anything to raise money for the REMF. Reading the post above brings it home what a difference you make to people all over the world. You change lives.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Top work REMF. Having spent time out in Africa myself I know donations like this will make a big difference to the kids. Just taking a few old footballs and Albion shirts out with me nearly caused a mini riot of excitement.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Great stuff REMF. Puts things in perspective.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This is excellent news, great to see the money going to great use. Well done everyone :clap:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Superb effort by all concerned.

And there was me whinging about a rubbish week at work. Blessings. Count them.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Fantastic stuff. Having donated to the REMF and having travelled to both Kenya and Zambia in the past this feels extra special to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here