Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Something that's really good but you only discovered belatedly

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Hot sauce, made a trip to the southern us a few years back and now we always have a selection of hot sauces on the table, cholula chipotle, franks and sriracha at the bare minimum.

Also brown sauce, the switching from red to brown is the point at which you have left childish things behind and have truly become an adult. No male may call himself a man if he still smears red crap all over crisp smoked back or his lincolnshire bangers

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Olives. Hated them as a child so avoided them in adulthood until about 4 years ago and now I love them. Ditto Feta.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Figs.

Retirement.

Walking football.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Brown Sauce.

I have a vague recollection there was always a bottle on the go when I was a kid, but it was something I never got involved with. Possibly not atypical growing up in the South.

And whilst there's often been a bottle in my own fridge, it's been there because sometimes guests like a dollop with their breakfast.

It was probably only a year or so ago that I gave it a proper try and what a revelation it was. I can't get enough of the stuff now, and I feel slightly disappointed that so much of my life passed without brown sauce being a part of it.

What have you get involved with that you wish you'd had when you were younger?

Love brown sauce and if anyone wants my sausage roll recipe it is an integral ingredient.

When I run out I mix ketchup with Worcestershire sauce, which is incredible with scrambled eggs.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What a good thread.

Mussels. Never fancied them, never tried them. Until I went to Casa Brazil in the Marina, and the all-you-can-eat "salad" bar had a whole tray of mussels in white wine sauce. I thought I'd try a couple, and scooped them onto my plate. And ended up PIGGING OUT on them all night. Epic. Lidl's do a whole bag of them for a frankly ridiculous £1.59.

YES !
Walking, driving, whatevering. I'm totally podded up these days with sports, comedy, radio. Its a constant in my life that started about 3 years ago, and will never end. Love it.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What a good thread.

Mussels. Never fancied them, never tried them. Until I went to Casa Brazil in the Marina, and the all-you-can-eat "salad" bar had a whole tray of mussels in white wine sauce. I thought I'd try a couple, and scooped them onto my plate. And ended up PIGGING OUT on them all night. Epic. Lidl's do a whole bag of them for a frankly ridiculous £1.59.

YES !
Walking, driving, whatevering. I'm totally podded up these days with sports, comedy, radio. Its a constant in my life that started about 3 years ago, and will never end. Love it.

Absolutely. And with such a prolific rate of output you re never stuck for something new to listen to. My favourite medium now by a long chalk.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here