Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Isn't he, just?

Continually bringing up all these stupid, inconvenient obstacles, instead of embracing the need to Just Get On With IT.

If we are quite happy with the status quo ante,then it's up to the EU and the Irish to build walls and customs posts.Perhaps the Irish could invent a fleet of amphibious articulated trucks to get their exports to the EU without using our roads and ports?As for his IT requirements,do we not already trade with countries under WTO rules and tariffs?Just the same tired old rubbish being touted slightly differently from 2 years ago.Let's just get out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really? I'm so pleased the aviation sector are worrying over nothing then and everything's agreed and in place in regards to reciprocal and bilateral agreements required in regards to the open skies agreement.

Either that, or you don't really know what you're talking about again. :thumbsup:
[MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] is an expert on aviation and also pharma. He’s also knowledgeable about EU GDPR rules. You need to listen to him.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
This is the surefire way to get a Corbyn government. I have suggested that this is the likely outcome since the vote.

1. Tories realise the unicorns Brexit isn't possible so make concessions.
2. Those sold a dream get angry because they have been betrayed
3. Rise of ukip.
4. Jezza as PM

So the right wing tories will have caused the most left wing government for generations.

Jezza would be a disaster which would empower the right even more and that is when really bad things are likely to happen.

Very simplistic, obviously, but looking like playing out so far.

That's pretty much how I have been feeling for months on this now. The Tories can't get their bloody act together on the one main thing that was always going to dominate this parliament, and it will almost certainly, certainly open the door to a Corbynrade government that this country simply doesn't have the money for.

Very, very depressing.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
[MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] is an expert on aviation and also pharma. He’s also knowledgeable about EU GDPR rules. You need to listen to him.

Where have I said I know about pharma ? Regardless, that comment is a bit rich coming from someone that couldn't read a graph and then proceeded to tie himself up in circles trying to make out his mistake wasn't really a mistake !!

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Here we go again. Opinion (and a minority one at that) being put forward as fact. Sadly it's that same attitude among a vast majority of MPs (Lords and Commons alike), not to mention the very powerful Whitehall mandarins, that has made negotiating Brexit so difficult - the government has it's hands tied in the negotiations, not by the EU, but by the British remainers.
Don't blame May (and even more so don't blame the millions who voted leave) - the blame lies full square at the feet of those that have done their best to hamper our negotiators and sabotage the Brexit process from day one.

Yeah obviously it's everyone's fault apart from the fools who hadn't thought through the implications of leaving the EU.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Where have I said I know about pharma ? Regardless, that comment is a bit rich coming from someone that couldn't read a graph and then proceeded to tie himself up in circles trying to make out his mistake wasn't really a mistake !!

Apologies, I’m confusing you with [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION]. It gets difficult remembering which authority said what these days :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This made me chuckle today.

Sweden world cup.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It's strange - Farage wasn't part of the official leave campaign, isn't a member of the Tory party nor holds a cabinet position yet remainers seem obsessed with him and what he's doing now. Very bizarre.

There would not have been a referendum if Farage and his party was not gaining vote share at General elections. What he is doing now is relevant because it seems he is profiting from a situation he helped bring about whilst most are worse off by it. Don't pretend to be thick about this, leave voters are trying to reject that stereotype.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
If we are quite happy with the status quo ante,then it's up to the EU and the Irish to build walls and customs posts.Perhaps the Irish could invent a fleet of amphibious articulated trucks to get their exports to the EU without using our roads and ports?As for his IT requirements,do we not already trade with countries under WTO rules and tariffs?Just the same tired old rubbish being touted slightly differently from 2 years ago.Let's just get out.

And nothing has been done for 2 years which is why it's still a problem :facepalm:

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
And nothing has been done for 2 years which is why it's still a problem :facepalm:

Yeah,the EU's problem if we get out with no deal,so perhaps they need to start thinking about it :facepalm::rolleyes:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I can understand Baldseagulls annoyance completely but I guess I've just had more experience of dealing with morons.

And although the political classes can justifiably be blamed for all sorts, this is quite simply down to you and your Brexiteer friends.

Try as you will to blame remoaners, the government, the EU or anyone else you can try and come up with, this total f***up is down to you, no one else.

At some point you have to take responsibility for what you've done. After all you are grown ups, aren't you ??? (Obviously not Ppf)

Will you ever learn ... continually calling people with entirely legitimate alternative views morons isn't a winning strategy. Unjustifiable condescension, sneering and belittling 17.4 million people is partly why we are in this situation .. will you and your tediously patronising ilk ever learn?

Your woefully inaccurate critique and constant need to claim I told you so does remind me of a very needy child throwing a tantrum though.

unfriend.jpg

:p

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Local interest.

Maria Caulfield and Ben Bradley have resigned their vice-chair roles.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44785797

Both have warned they will lose their seats unless the Tories deliver Brexit.

Ms Caulfield told Mrs May the plan would be "bad for our country and bad for the party".

Err, what Maria? Lose your seat when Lewes voted Remain?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
ministers direct policy.

Ministers do give direction regarding policy based on what's legal and achievable as advised by public servants Once the policy direction has been made public the same public servants plan, negotiate and write the policy into law ministers then are then used to sell the package to other MPs and the general public

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
But while Labour are the shadow government it is their duty to put forward their own policies on how they would deal with things, so that we know what the alternative to our government is.

But Trig, the current ruling party introduced this fixed FIVE year term, Labour do not have to present their manifesto for another FOUR years!!! they are Her Majesties opposition and they are opposing, they are NOT required to put forward their own agender until either an election is called or the five year term has expired.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It isn't about just 'being disgruntled'. It is about people arguing for, and campaigning for, what they believe in, as is their right in a free democracy. This is not aimed at you personally, but at a significant tranche of ranters, who were all shouty about 'the will of the people' regards one vote that took place, but now do not feel that 'the people' have any further right to comment, unless they are singing from their chosen script.

In my view, that attempts to shout down debate at this stage ('just get on with it', etc) are based on fear, of not getting quite what they hoped for, but they just make themselves look like morons.

A couple of minor points, we had a referendum where a majority voted leave with the promise this would be enacted and a general election where over 80% voted for parties promising to enact the referendum result. You and others want a third go to hopefully get a result you want .. which is very EU keep asking the question etc.

If a second referendum voted down the governments negotiated final deal how do you think we should proceed considering a significant percentage of that vote didn't want to leave in the first place and a significant percentage would think the government had sold out the first result and want a hard brexit?

The thing I like about Blair, Campbell et al is they are completely honest in their contempt for democratic decisions when they don't go their way.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here