Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Follicular Lymphoma

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Anybody have any real life experience of this condition (not google).

Asking "for a friend".

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
What’s his FIFA rating?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Hey FG, I had Hodgkins 5yrs ago. 6 months chemo then back to work! Lots of perifial issues around having the chemo, still have issues but for every issue there is a medication to help.

Thanks and I do go into this feeling fitter than I have done in years.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Sorry I've not been back to update this & thanks for the messages, especially the PM from my friend up in the north.

I am actually very fortunate in that I only need a low dose of chemo, two consecutive days every 4 weeks & my 2nd course comes up next week. I've had next to no ill effects, maybe I nap more in the afternoons but, as I've recently been made redundant, that's no problem.

I know so many people who have had it worse & I see some when I go for treatment, so I really am lucky. Not only have I had no side effects, I've also got my appetite & energy back. I've now got to be careful as I lost over 3 stone in 4 months & I don't want to put it all back on!

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Sorry I've not been back to update this & thanks for the messages, especially the PM from my friend up in the north.

I am actually very fortunate in that I only need a low dose of chemo, two consecutive days every 4 weeks & my 2nd course comes up next week. I've had next to no ill effects, maybe I nap more in the afternoons but, as I've recently been made redundant, that's no problem.

I know so many people who have had it worse & I see some when I go for treatment, so I really am lucky. Not only have I had no side effects, I've also got my appetite & energy back. I've now got to be careful as I lost over 3 stone in 4 months & I don't want to put it all back on!

Great news, keep up the fight and try to stay as fit and healthy as possible as it will really help your recovery. Best of luck to you.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011

Wishing you well.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

That's good news and I hope you continue to improve.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Pleased for you and those around you (sorry but I still chuckle at the fifa ratings post)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here