Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teixeira

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just looking at the stats on transfermarkt.co.uk and See Teixera isn't up to much at Liverpool. His one senior appearance this year was in a second string league cup side. Other than that he's warmed the bench 3 times and played a few U21s games.

As far as I know his contract's up in the summer. For the benefit of [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION], they estimate him to be worth £525K.

I'd love to see him back and playing off of the dominant midfield that we now have. Is this a realistic hope now that Solly is out until the summer?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Lovely player when he's on his game.

A small part of me associates him with the failures of last season, however (I know- that wasn't his fault), so I'd be a little bit "never go back" on this one.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wonder if he gets time to watch any games what with not playing for the first team? :whistle:

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012

A small part of me associates him with the failures of last season, however (I know- that wasn't his fault), so I'd be a little bit "never go back" on this one.

For me he was one of the only positives out of last season. I loved watching his little runs and would love to see him back here.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Where would you play him though ?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

A big part of me associates us staying up last year with him. He's the level of player that would, or at least should, walk into our side. That would undoubtedly mean a system change to one up front with Tex behind, but I don't personally see any issue with that.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I liked him, but part of me feels that though he was a shining light in a terrible season he was very inconsistent which isn't great in a championship chasing side

You try being consistent with CMS running around in front of you in your first full season as a regular... The guy was a touch above everyone else on the pitch (possibly with the exception of Kayal) from January onwards when he was played as a number 10.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Where would you play him though ?
Not quite sure - but that would be CH's problem, not mine! Sure CH could find a way, though, without completely changing what we already do (which would be daft). Tex would be class in a better team than we were last season; could play no.10, or out wide and cutting in, I guess..

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Easily could play on the wing or in the middle with a minder (or two) if CH wanted to play one up front and have him as the "link" man.

Jesus some of you know nothing about football.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
we could take him on loan until the end of the season and hope it turns out well then buy..................maybe

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
we could take him on loan until the end of the season and hope it turns out well then buy..................maybe

I don't think (but would need to check) that his current contract extends beyond this season, so there'd be no transfer fee unless bought in January.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
looks to me like we need this sort of player - especially as March is out for rest of season... definitely could play wing or attacking midfield.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No brainer getting him back if a deal could be done. He pretty much shone in our team last season, got a feeling he'd be a right spark in this Hughton shaped side.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
With Lingaard playing too much at United to be available, Tex would be a fine addition.

Wonder if we'd have to offload (read pay off) Holla or even one of Crofts/JFC to sign him permanently though

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Is everyone forgetting we've already signed Richie Towell?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here