Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Brighton set for €10m Camarasa"

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Plus Naylor's blind favouring of Calamity Wayne over Michel regardless of the FDM actually stopping goals going in rather than Hendo finding umpteen different ways to gift goals to the opposition.

Remember this well and this was roughly the time that I stopped actually buying the Argus.. accepting the fact that AN was entitled to his opinion, the fact that he thought differently to 99% of the fan base was neither here nor there... what really irked me was the fact that every piece written on the subject was condescending and down right patronising to the Albion fans, almost sneering in their tone at how deluded we all were...

I’ve mellowed considerably over the years and would love to read a couple of the articles again now to see if they still have the same impact on me. I must say that AN also seems to have toned down his criticism of the Albion fans nowadays but I often feel a slight undertone to some of his articles as if we’re not really worthy of his opinion..

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I don't think you need to dread thinking, he played a full season of the Championship last season and the season before. We finished 3rd and 2nd where he played most games, the games he didn't play in we mostly lost.

Perhaps the reason you don't seem to rate him is connected to the fact you thought we would finish 14th.

good post

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Interesting that despite rubbishing the news both Andy Naylor and Brian Owen have just started following the Spanish journo who posted the original story.....

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Got a feeling there’s something in this rumour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BHA007

Jan 13, 2013
Betis and Brighton have been negotiating in the last weeks the transfer of Víctor Camarasa to the whole of the Premier League. The operation advanced strongly and the clubs discussed directly the price of the sale of the player, 23 years old, which was around ten million euros. The dialogue is still open but the Brighton has cooled their interest in the Valencian player and at Betis they remain firm with their position of not lowering the amount required to let out one of their signings last summer.

Alfinaldelapalmera.com reported yesterday of the negotiation between both clubs and how far they had come to try to reach an agreement that has suffered a step back in the most recent hours. The contacts are still alive but before the imminence of the closing of the market the operation slows down in these moments and it remains to be seen if before the deadline it ends up materializing. In Heliópolis they were waiting for this exit to reconfigure their policy of signings due to the important income that would be received by Camarasa.

The player, meanwhile, is preparing with his teammates the league match next Monday against Celta. His intention, if continued, is to get more minutes to meet the expectations created by his hiring last summer, in exchange for seven million euros and the cession of Álex Alegría for 80 percent of his rights in the negotiation with The uprising. Brighton, who was already interested in Camarasa just before he signed for Betis, is still awaiting developments in this winter market.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Betis and Brighton have been negotiating in the last weeks the transfer of Víctor Camarasa to the whole of the Premier League. The operation advanced strongly and the clubs discussed directly the price of the sale of the player, 23 years old, which was around ten million euros. The dialogue is still open but the Brighton has cooled their interest in the Valencian player and at Betis they remain firm with their position of not lowering the amount required to let out one of their signings last summer.

Alfinaldelapalmera.com reported yesterday of the negotiation between both clubs and how far they had come to try to reach an agreement that has suffered a step back in the most recent hours. The contacts are still alive but before the imminence of the closing of the market the operation slows down in these moments and it remains to be seen if before the deadline it ends up materializing. In Heliópolis they were waiting for this exit to reconfigure their policy of signings due to the important income that would be received by Camarasa.

The player, meanwhile, is preparing with his teammates the league match next Monday against Celta. His intention, if continued, is to get more minutes to meet the expectations created by his hiring last summer, in exchange for seven million euros and the cession of Álex Alegría for 80 percent of his rights in the negotiation with The uprising. Brighton, who was already interested in Camarasa just before he signed for Betis, is still awaiting developments in this winter market.

Reading that would suggest a deal will be done at about €12m depending on how much we want him.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Reading a report today that We are not the only club showing interest in Camarasa. I hope that it's not going to end up that we miss out on this signing due to fannying about as has been the case in the past. if the club are genuinely interested in a player, act swiftly before a more professional Club do. It makes one wonder how capable our recruitment team is in signing our first choice targets.

theboybilly

Reading a report today that We are not the only club showing interest in Camarasa. I hope that it's not going to end up that we miss out on this signing due to fannying about as has been the case in the past. if the club are genuinely interested in a player, act swiftly before a more professional Club do. It makes one wonder how capable our recruitment team is in signing our first choice targets.

A 'more professional club'?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Very interesting that you are in able to conclude that we have lost out through 'fannying about'. I wonder what you base that information on, or perhaps you made it up due to frustration? We were exceedingly unlucky to miss out on two targets last summer due to injury/heart defects etc. We also lost out on Andone due to their president suddenly pulling the rug from an agreed deal at the last minute due to hos greed. I'm sure those at BHA will also find your comment 'before a more professional club do' fascinating as well.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

It will be incredibly rare to be after a Premier League quality target and be the only club interested. Once a club decides they wish to sell a player, they'll actually produce professional quality videos and send it out as marketing to all the agents and clubs who might be interested. The only way you wrap up a deal that gets you ahead of anyone else is to pay over the odds. That isn't about professionalism, it is about budgets and affordability. You can offer what you like as soon as you can, but if selling club and players decide to wait to see what other offers emerge, then that has nothing to do with professionalism.

The criticism of our recruitment team on here is at times so naive as to be unbelievable that people don't realise how complex, expensive and drawn out transfers are.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

What ARE you on about? Are you complaining we didn't rush to sign players who, it turned out, were injured? Who exactly has been more 'professional' and gazumped us as we dithered? You are just making stuff up....

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Another fan who thinks buying a player is just like going to the supermarket and picking the one you want.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What ARE you on about? Are you complaining we didn't rush to sign players who, it turned out, were injured? Who exactly has been more 'professional' and gazumped us as we dithered? You are just making stuff up....
Maybe he means putting in numerous late bids on the final day of the transfer window and getting nowhere ???

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I’ve read 2 different reports today , the jist of both that we are still leading the race to sing him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe he means putting in numerous late bids on the final day of the transfer window and getting nowhere ???

That isn't what he said though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here