Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scoring 4 At Home

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that we haven't had a 4-2 scoreline at home in YEARS, which is something I mentioned on Saturday just before Birmingham noused it up and made it 4-3. I can't remember the last time we won 4-2 at home, pretty sure its never happened at the Amex. Anyone remember a 4-2 at Withdean ?

I've found two 4-3 wins, and a 4-2 win away all in the last season at Withdean, but not a 4-2 at home.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that we haven't had a 4-2 scoreline at home in YEARS, which is something I mentioned on Saturday just before Birmingham noused it up and made it 4-3. I can't remember the last time we won 4-2 at home, pretty sure its never happened at the Amex. Anyone remember a 4-2 at Withdean ?

My quick searching would suggest that the last occurrence was March 4 2008, a 4-2 win over Gillingham. Andrew Crofts scored twice - for the Gills. They also had Danny Cullip in defence, and a Nutter (of the John variety). Two sendings-off for the Gills would have contributed to the final score.

Match report here

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My quick searching would suggest that the last occurrence was March 4 2008, a 4-2 win over Gillingham. Andrew Crofts scored twice - for the Gills. They also had Danny Cullip in defence, and a Nutter (of the John variety). Two sendings-off for the Gills would have contributed to the final score.

Match report here

Seven years then, blimey. Shan't bother going for any 4-2 predictions with the bookies then.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Match report here

One of Crofts' goals was an absolute belter. In second place in my own personal 'best away goals at Withers' list, only behind the wonder goal from Ismael Demontagnac for Walsall.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
My "Fab 4s" off the top of my head - I really can't remember seeing many... (I know a few I missed..)

Man City at home in the cup (4-0)
Cambridge away (4-3)
Liam Brady's team in January (did we do it twice within a couple of weeks? v Cambridge? 4-1?)
Huddersfield at The Amex - Ulloa (4-0? 4-1?)

and the worst...?

"Gabbiadini"

Darlo at Prestfield,wouldn't of minded but he was about 3 stone overweight:lol:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
4-4 on a cold Goldstone night against Chester, January (?) 1965. One of the few home points dropped that season. The great and tragically departed Barry Rees scored his only goal for the Albion that night.

Saturday 6th February 1965.

What a season that was for home wins.
4 - 0 v Lincoln
5-1 v Wrexham
5-0 v Hartlepool
5-0 v Cheaterfield

Best run was early October 1964
3rd Oct v Torquay 3-1 win
6th Oct v York 3 -1 win
10th Oct v Notts Co. 6 - 0 win
All at home.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Wasn't there a 4-4 "home" game in the days of playing at the Pissfield? With Paul Emblen scoring some, possibly all, of them?

I'm thinking it might have been a Boxing Day game, and possibly with Colchester as the opposition, though I'm not 100% confident of my facts there...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Wasn't there a 4-4 "home" game in the days of playing at the Pissfield? With Paul Emblen scoring some, possibly all, of them?

I'm thinking it might have been a Boxing Day game, and possibly with Colchester as the opposition, though I'm not 100% confident of my facts there...

Correct - Boxing Day 1997 - Boxing Day madness: Albion 4 - 4 Colchester United

Paul Emblen scored 3 in 20 second-half minutes.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Gutted I thought I was going to get this in. From memory we were 3-0 down at half time. What a way to spend Boxing Day as a child.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Check out this strange Burnley website that I found this evening. It's got all our results right back to 1920.
You are spot on with your memory.
http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/results_fixtures/1997_1998/brighton__hove_albion/index.shtml

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here