Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another warning from Paul Barber

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Reckon most people buying snide shirts genuinely can't justify spending the cost of a shirt from the club shop but love the club. So it isn't a lost sale for the club shop as it is folks that can't afford to buy from there in the first place. If it's possible to buy a snide shirt for £12 with delivery from China then the club's mark up most be ridiculous.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Haven't brought an Albion home shirt for ages because I couldn't stand the stickers. When I saw the new kit I felt the club had nailed it. Happily handed over the money for it, despite seeing it available from dodgy online sources for a fraction of the price. If you're a supporter, you support.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
""The club reserves the right to refuse entry, confiscate tickets and/or suspend the season ticket of anyone found trying to enter the Amex whilst wearing counterfeit merchandise. Just kidding guys, but hey. Keep em' peeled."

Read this and thought FFS......then got to the end !!! Good one Paul :clap::clap::clap:

And then you remembered it was [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] who was the OP...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Reckon most people buying snide shirts genuinely can't justify spending the cost of a shirt from the club shop but love the club. So it isn't a lost sale for the club shop as it is folks that can't afford to buy from there in the first place. If it's possible to buy a snide shirt for £12 with delivery from China then the club's mark up most be ridiculous.

Nike's mark-up.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I've just been to Marrakech and in the Souk market you can buy most premier league shirts, they didn't have Brighton's, unfortunately. I say unfortunately, not because I wanted to buy one, I have all 3 of this season's but to see if Brighton and Hove Albion really are going global. I didn't check the prices as I would have been pestered non stop by the sellers, so can't confirm what they were going for either. So, it looks like we haven't reached Africa yet.

Jan 30, 2008
I've just been to Marrakech and in the Souk market you can buy most premier league shirts, they didn't have Brighton's, unfortunately. I say unfortunately, not because I wanted to buy one, I have all 3 of this season's but to see if Brighton and Hove Albion really are going global. I didn't check the prices as I would have been pestered non stop by the sellers, so can't confirm what they were going for either. So, it looks like we haven't reached Africa yet.
seems that way, not seen any of those boat "MIGRANTS" wearing one:rolleyes:
regards
DR

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
It's totally fair enough.

It's also fair enough to suggest that the club and or Nike have dropped the ball massively not having home kit available for about 8 weeks. There will always be people who buy cheap knock offs, but I bet a not insignificant number of people have bought moody goods because of the omnishambles at the club shop.

Fully agree...wanted to buy a home shirt online to wear to the Everton game...unfortunately due to a complete lack of planning by the club unable to do so...might have to knit my own...

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Just been online to buy the girlfriend a ladies home shirt. None in stock and no message to say when any are likely to be in stock. The club should sort its ability to meet the demand for shirts before criticising fans for looking elsewhere.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The first thing that they should do is make the clothing available in sizes people want not cowtail to Nike. As mentioned on previous threads I am sure there are many of size 4xl who cannot buy a polo shirt so fake with a bought badge is the only answer. I bought 2 badges from a site mentioned on here in Taiwan.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The club should sort its ability to meet the demand for shirts before criticising fans for looking elsewhere.

the unprecedented level of pre season shirt sales has been well documented elsewhere and the club has acknowledged this, the long lead times and the dangers of over ordering. Not sure where the club has criticised the fans, just asking them not to buy illegal merchandise.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The first thing that they should do is make the clothing available in sizes people want not cowtail to Nike. As mentioned on previous threads I am sure there are many of size 4xl who cannot buy a polo shirt so fake with a bought badge is the only answer. I bought 2 badges from a site mentioned on here in Taiwan.

there's so much wrong with this post.

BG - please post a photo of your adapted polo shirt with the fake badge stuck on, and then another photo after two washes.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If the club had ordered enough home shirts then fans would not be forced to purchase counterfeit shirts on the internet.
The club were very short sighted in not ordering enough home shirts for the demand. I can't believe home shirts had sold out 30 mins after the Manchester City game. A lot of lost commercial revenue for the club.

No-one's forcing anyone to do anything. Do people have a gun to their heads at a time like this?

The club were very short sighted in not ordering enough home shirts for the demand. I can't believe home shirts had sold out 30 mins after the Manchester City game. A lot of lost commercial revenue for the club.

I find it appalling that you're not the commercial manager at the club, when you clearly knew exactly how many shirts were going to be sold, of what size and when, and therefore knew how many to order, while the club (nor anyone else) didn't. That's where the club is very short-sighted.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
It makes me laugh somewhat, when most of the clubs genuine merchandise is probably produced in the sweatshops of Bangladesh & Vietnam.

It doesn't matter where you buy it from the workers are probably being screwed over by Nike and the clubs. :shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
there's so much wrong with this post.

BG - please post a photo of your adapted polo shirt with the fake badge stuck on, and then another photo after two washes.

It has had many more than 2 washes and in fact it was iron on and came off in the first wash to wife stuck it in place with wonder web and then sewed around the edges perfect. Any body who knows me will see me in it at the Newcastle game. It is actually a Sports Direct Polo Shirt as they are one of the few companies that make shirts large enough.

Sorry dont know how to post a photo

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No-one's forcing anyone to do anything. Do people have a gun to their heads at a time like this?

I find it appalling that you're not the commercial manager at the club, when you clearly knew exactly how many shirts were going to be sold, of what size and when, and therefore knew how many to order, while the club (nor anyone else) didn't. That's where the club is very short-sighted.
Has the club got a commercial manager at the moment?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I'm totally with him on that. I suppose another warning is that the club would be in a position to guarantee the quality and safety of goods, whereas counterfeiters can't.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could they not take orders for larger sizes although Nike only make up to 2xl. Whether or not they would be able to commission another supplier for such shirts is possibly a problem.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Just been online to buy the girlfriend a ladies home shirt. None in stock and no message to say when any are likely to be in stock. The club should sort its ability to meet the demand for shirts before criticising fans for looking elsewhere.

I was told in store, they are not expecting any new stock until the END OF OCTOBER :ohmy:

So is it's hardly surprising people buy fake, when it can be delivered from China quicker....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here