Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan brazil & Joey Barton

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Brazil is an absolute mess these days. Just look at the state of him.

At least he has work as the Ribena mascot to fall-back on if he eventuallly gets the tin tack.

ribena berry reaching up.jpg

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
If you listen to these fools then you need to question what channel you are tuning into.

I had been listening to the live commentary match yesterday afternoon and forgot to change the channel back to my normal morning preference! They really are clueless.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The BASIC issue with Talksport is you can't talk 24 hours a day about Sport. There's not really THAT much to discuss.

So what they then need to do is PRETEND they have an opinion on something. Usually that Adrian bloke. "Do you know what GOUGHIE? I think Lukaku is overrated". Cue the idiots.

Also, in most cases, the people who get SO aggrieved about a GAME that they feel the need to ring a radio station about it are, usually, idiots. So you have the wonderful combination of dinosaurs presenting and speaking to idiots on the phone.

It's the absolute epitome of a station who would use the word "banter" in a non-ironic way.

And breathe :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The BASIC issue with Talksport is you can't talk 24 hours a day about Sport. There's not really THAT much to discuss.

So what they then need to do is PRETEND they have an opinion on something. Usually that Adrian bloke. "Do you know what GOUGHIE? I think Lukaku is overrated". Cue the idiots.

Also, in most cases, the people who get SO aggrieved about a GAME that they feel the need to ring a radio station about it are, usually, idiots. So you have the wonderful combination of dinosaurs presenting and speaking to idiots on the phone.

It's the absolute epitome of a station who would use the word "banter" in a non-ironic way.

Correct. The only time I ever tune into tS is for live commentary if it isn't available anywhere else. Apart from that, it's un-listenable dross as far as I'm concerned!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's staggering that he has gainful employment in anything resembling the sporting journalist fraternity.
Journalism doesn't seem to be known for dropping someone just because they're useless.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
after the shambles that was the summer transfer window when we didnt get the 2 strikers we wanted CH must feel that he has the perfect reason if we don't survive.

I cannot see the advantage of him leaving

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Problem is they don't talk about sport all day, they just talk about football, can only take so much.

Its low end tabloid radio as is its sister Talk Radio. Its now owned by Murdoch, turned off long ago

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'd love to like TS but with Brazil at the helm in the morning there is absolutely nothing to tune in for eg 1hr comprises of 30mins of adverts, 10mins of betting news, 5mins of headline news and 15mins of call us or get in touch appeals (which ironically they never allow through but could if they stopped repeating the appeal for people to get in touch). It's just s hit. Utter garbage. The only decent presenter is Danny Kelly. He's a good listen in the evenings if stuck in the car etc

He is, but his questions are getting longer and longer and sometimes sound like it's him trying to show off his knowledge or intelligence. I once got in the car when he'd just started a sentence and two minutes later, he was still going! That said, he's very entertaining and talks a lot of sense.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I caught 5 mins the other as I had the misfortune of getting a lift with a TS morning listener.

I reckon it was basically this

Brazil: "I tell you what, 'Arry has a tough job there but he will sort them out. He really was ambitious this summer"
Ray Wilkins "Absolutely fella. 'Arry wanted good characters. He wanted John Terry. What a fella. I think 'Arry will be fine. Top fella"
Brazil "I tell you what Ray, I saw 'Arry at the races...."
Ray Wilkins: "oh yeah?"
Brazil....talking to an alcoholic: "Oh yeah. We had some lovely lunch at...."
Wilkins "Guiseppi's?"
Brazil: "Yes! How did you guess?"
Wilkins: "Guiseppi is a terrific fella"
Brazil: "So yeah, a nice steak, a lovely glass of red"
Wilkins: "a bottle?"
Brazil: "You know me too well Raymundo!, and I saw 'Arry and Frank Lampard snr"
Wilkins "What a player by the way, Frank snr. And what a lovely fella"

Bloody hell.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I caught 5 mins the other as I had the misfortune of getting a lift with a TS morning listener.

I reckon it was basically this

Brazil: "I tell you what, 'Arry has a tough job there but he will sort them out. He really was ambitious this summer"
Ray Wilkins "Absolutely fella. 'Arry wanted good characters. He wanted John Terry. What a fella. I think 'Arry will be fine. Top fella"
Brazil "I tell you what Ray, I saw 'Arry at the races...."
Ray Wilkins: "oh yeah?"
Brazil....talking to an alcoholic: "Oh yeah. We had some lovely lunch at...."
Wilkins "Guiseppi's?"
Brazil: "Yes! How did you guess?"
Wilkins: "Guiseppi is a terrific fella"
Brazil: "So yeah, a nice steak, a lovely glass of red"
Wilkins: "a bottle?"
Brazil: "You know me too well Raymundo!, and I saw 'Arry and Frank Lampard snr"
Wilkins "What a player by the way, Frank snr. And what a lovely fella"

Bloody hell.

Repeat ad nauseam and you've basically got AB's whole radio career! Ray Parlour is his best stooge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here