Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Can't see anything wrong with our weather personally, except when it hits 30 degrees.

Having just watched the Vuelta and seen again that 90 odd % of it was in soaring temps through a dry and barren landscape, I know which I prefer.

Yep, I know you're an odd-ball. :)

Give me 35 degrees in the mountains and I'll cycle. I am not going out in this rubbish.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Give me 35 degrees in the mountains and I'll cycle. I am not going out in this rubbish.

It's character building, says the bloke who spent the summer suffering from Motoitis!

Anyone-ho I'm slowly finding my legs again, although I was hoping I'd be enjoying an Indian Summer for this first part of my new regime.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Had a lovely ride yesterday. Temperature wise it was absolutely perfect for me! Got caught in heavy rain towards the end of the ride, but as it wasn't cold with it that didn't spoil my enjoyment. We were also wise enough to ensure a tail wind home too so even the strong wind was a bonus :)

If I was forced to live in a hot country then selling the bikes would be near top of my list I expect.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well done [MENTION=705]Jeep[/MENTION].

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION], or anyone else in ITK.

The Year 8 football team which Jnr is, and has always been, registered to, is changing training to Tuesday & Thursday evening from Saturday morning. (manager now works Saturday's).

There's a bazillion reasons why I loathe his team, and obviously one why he plays for them.
Therefore I'm not inclined to make this latest change work, even if I could, but where does he stand on being registered with them, if I were finally able to prise him away?

Can he just join someone else, or are we now stuck.

Ta muchly.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

The Year 8 football team which Jnr is, and has always been, registered to, is changing training to Tuesday & Thursday evening from Saturday morning. (manager now works Saturday's).

There's a bazillion reasons why I loathe his team, and obviously one why he plays for them.
Therefore I'm not inclined to make this latest change work, even if I could, but where does he stand on being registered with them, if I were finally able to prise him away?

Ta muchly.

Transfer window is closed. :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Ta muchly.

You can transfer clubs at anytime in Sussex Youth Football. Stat Snr and Jnr should contact some other clubs to see if they are looking for players and perhaps try a couple of training sessions to see if you like it. If Stat Jnr likes another club, notify current club that you wish to leave and they should provide a transfer form from their secretary to send to the new club secretary. New club secretary then sends that form along with their registration form off to the relevant league and Sussex FA.

Happens all the time. You'll just need to work out with current club refund of any subscriptions if you paid for a whole year.

Year 8 (U13s I assume) is a typical age for players to start to look around, if he's been there since the start, then a change might do him good to see how another team is coached and managed, and how another club works.

If I was looking for a new club I'd want to ensure:
1. They are FA Chartered Standard.
(meaning all coaches and officials are CRC checked, FA Safeguarded, and should be all Level 1 certified if coaching with a designated Child Welfare Officer)
2. That I understand their footballing ethos
(are they all out to win and selection is all about ability, or are they about giving everyone a go, trying to make it fun etc.)

I'm pretty sure Fishergate Flyers U13 are on the look out for players, I hear as a club they have a brilliant chairman at the helm...:cool:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You can transfer clubs at anytime in Sussex Youth Football. Stat Snr and Jnr should contact some other clubs to see if they are looking for players and perhaps try a couple of training sessions to see if you like it. If Stat Jnr likes another club, notify current club that you wish to leave and they should provide a transfer form from their secretary to send to the new club secretary. New club secretary then sends that form along with their registration form off to the relevant league and Sussex FA.

Happens all the time. You'll just need to work out with current club refund of any subscriptions if you paid for a whole year.

Year 8 (U13s I assume) is a typical age for players to start to look around, if he's been there since the start, then a change might do him good to see how another team is coached and managed, and how another club works.

If I was looking for a new club I'd want to ensure:
1. They are FA Chartered Standard.
(meaning all coaches and officials are CRC checked, FA Safeguarded, and should be all Level 1 certified if coaching with a designated Child Welfare Officer)
2. That I understand their footballing ethos
(are they all out to win and selection is all about ability, or are they about giving everyone a go, trying to make it fun etc.)

I'm pretty sure Fishergate Flyers U13 are on the look out for players, I hear as a club they have a brilliant chairman at the helm...:cool:

Thanks, that's a relief.

Any club would be better than 'his' club, so we're quite pleased the issue has been forced upon us.
No matter how hard I tried I couldn't turn the loyal little bugger against his own team. :lol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thanks, that's a relief.

Any club would be better than 'his' club, so we're quite pleased the issue has been forced upon us.
No matter how hard I tried I couldn't turn the loyal little bugger against his own team. :lol:

You'll obviously know the other clubs from the leagues he's played in, but just remember their are other league organisations to consider. F'Flyers along with Mile Oak have started putting more of our teams into the Mid Sussex Leagues because we feel it is more progressive, better run than say the Sussex Sunday Youth League. Arun and Chichester Leagues also have a good reputation. So worth considering your options rather than just looking at teams he's played against before.

http://www.sussexfa.com/league/youth-leagues

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I've just assembled a shop-bought flat-packed bicycle for my daughter's 8th birthday (this Friday, so I built in a few buffer days to allow for cocking it up / losing my temper).

I don't feel like a cycling geek. I feel like a MAN :)

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I've just assembled a shop-bought flat-packed bicycle for my daughter's 8th birthday (this Friday, so I built in a few buffer days to allow for cocking it up / losing my temper).

I don't feel like a cycling geek. I feel like a MAN :)

Whatever you feel you are, I'm afraid you're a geek.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Update re: Selhurst to Amex ride.

Preliminary date - SUNDAY 10th JUNE 2018

There will be two choices of ride, and Bold Seagull is the man when it come to arranging the route :). The choices will be:
Amex to Selhurst to Amex (104 miles)
Selhurst to Amex (52 miles)

I am listing all those who have declared an interest so far below. Could you all pm me email addresses, mobile numbers etc. so that I can have everything in one place?

Last time we all targeted £250 on Just Giving, and raised a substantial amount (Uncle Spielberg will be able to say how much!) It would be great if as many of us as possible could do that again!

Uncle Spielberg also has contacts to the Palace branch of REMF supporters - there was a good turn out from them last time. Hopefully this can be repeated.

Spread the word - it would be nice if we made this a really big deal!
[MENTION=28933]Geoffbn2[/MENTION] + Palace supporting friend [MENTION=33955]nickbrighton[/MENTION] [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] (keeping you in the loop!) [MENTION=705]Jeep[/MENTION] (thanks for the pm!) [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] (lantern rouge) [MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION] [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=11738]Spreadbetting Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=13467]JoePrecious[/MENTION] + Palace friend [MENTION=16679]Hangullton[/MENTION] [MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION] [MENTION=4472]strings[/MENTION] [MENTION=17085]armchairclubber[/MENTION] [MENTION=188]culvers[/MENTION] + Palace cousin [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION]
Me.

That's (potentially) 21 so far!

Should be fun.

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Update re: Selhurst to Amex ride.

Preliminary date - SATURDAY 9th JUNE 2018

There will be two choices of ride, and Bold Seagull is the man when it come to arranging the route :). The choices will be:
Amex to Selhurst to Amex (104 miles)
Selhurst to Amex (52 miles)

I am listing all those who have declared an interest so far below. Could you all pm me email addresses, mobile numbers etc. so that I can have everything in one place?

Last time we all targeted £250 on Just Giving, and raised a substantial amount (Uncle Spielberg will be able to say how much!) It would be great if as many of us as possible could do that again!

Uncle Spielberg also has contacts to the Palace branch of REMF supporters - there was a good turn out from them last time. Hopefully this can be repeated.

Spread the word - it would be nice if we made this a really big deal!
[MENTION=28933]Geoffbn2[/MENTION] + Palace supporting friend [MENTION=33955]nickbrighton[/MENTION] [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] (keeping you in the loop!) [MENTION=705]Jeep[/MENTION] (thanks for the pm!) [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] (lantern rouge) [MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION] [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=11738]Spreadbetting Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=13467]JoePrecious[/MENTION] + Palace friend [MENTION=16679]Hangullton[/MENTION] [MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION] [MENTION=4472]strings[/MENTION] [MENTION=17085]armchairclubber[/MENTION] [MENTION=188]culvers[/MENTION] + Palace cousin [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION]
Me.

That's (potentially) 21 so far!

Should be fun.
[MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] will need as many sticky bottles as possible, so be careful when offering him one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here