Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
That was one of his better rants

The 'on many sides' equivocation reminds me of a well-known UK politician who also has trouble specifically condemning extremists/murderers/terrorists.

Thomas is an absolute tool. I find him the most irritating man on TV. Only ever pushes his own/his employers agenda.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Thomas is an absolute tool. I find him the most irritating man on TV. Only ever pushes his own/his employers agenda.

The thing I find most irritating is the similarity in all those type of shows. Oliver, Colbert, Stewart, Noah all singing from the same sheet. Has the US got any main network shows that have a slightly less partisan/different political perspective?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Has the US got any main network shows that have a slightly less partisan/different political perspective?

To be fair, Trump is disliked by most mainstream Republicans as well. There's always Fox News for shows outside the Democrat/Republican duopoly

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
To be fair, Trump is disliked by most mainstream Republicans as well. There's always Fox News for shows outside the Democrat/Republican duopoly

True but the shows I mentioned are all obviously pro Democrat/anti Republican (Obama was God etc). Might be one small reason why many people turn to people like Trump because their views are ignored/denegrated in the MSM. Are there any comedy shows that lean towards a right of centre perspective in the US (or UK)?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
True but the shows I mentioned are all obviously pro Democrat/anti Republican (Obama was God etc). Might be one small reason why many people turn to people like Trump because their views are ignored/denegrated in the MSM. Are there any comedy shows that lean towards a right of centre perspective in the US (or UK)?

You're a bit of a ****.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The thing I find most irritating is the similarity in all those type of shows. Oliver, Colbert, Stewart, Noah all singing from the same sheet. Has the US got any main network shows that have a slightly less partisan/different political perspective?

Must admit didn't think he was that funny, maybe Americans have a more basic sense of humour

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I see Trump approval rating down to 34% the lowest ever for a President at this point in their term.

The experimental politics of 2016 are unfolding into a disaster on both sides of the pond

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I've gotta ask:-

Why have you listed 2 presenters from the same show, one of which has now retired?
While the other 2 were previously correspondence on said show.

All you've done is point out, when a show is successful, it gets copied.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I see Trump approval rating down to 34% the lowest ever for a President at this point in their term.

The experimental politics of 2016 are unfolding into a disaster on both sides of the pond

Chalk and cheese 34% approval rating compared with 68% support for Real Brexit.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I've gotta ask:-

Why have you listed 2 presenters from the same show, one of which has now retired?
While the other 2 were previously correspondence on said show.

All you've done is point out, when a show is successful, it gets copied.

All the presenters and shows have the same political outlook? Successful as in pandering to the same type of audience. It's pretty obvious the US is divided politically (as is the Uk) but only one side of the political spectrum gets numerous msm shows reinforcing/promoting their opinions.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All the presenters and shows have the same political outlook? Successful as in pandering to the same type of audience. It's pretty obvious the US is divided politically (as is the Uk) but only one side of the political spectrum gets numerous msm shows reinforcing/promoting their opinions.

You are aware that there's other channels in America, aren't you?

You've only named 3 TV shows.

Why don't you just watch anything from this thread which came from a 'right wing Daily Show' google search..

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ask_Politi...here_a_conservativerepublican_version_of_the/

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Looney and The Clamp have been retired from this thread.

Disagreements and debate are fine (and help pay the bills) but the level of personal abuse and intolerance are becoming embarrassing.

That goes for anyone else who prefers name calling on threads to posting, poopy pants.

If only there was a way around such bans............cant think what that would be off the top of my head ???

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Sky News is now reporting they may be video phone footage of [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13301]hack[/MENTION]neyAbbott involved in an 'incident'.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You are aware that there's other channels in America, aren't you?

You've only named 3 TV shows.

Why don't you just watch anything from this thread which came from a 'right wing Daily Show' google search..

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ask_Politi...here_a_conservativerepublican_version_of_the/

Yes, but I was referring to the major networks (MSM). Is there any main stream network that has a show that airs in prime time that represents a vaguely right of centre perspective?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here