Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man City sell out !!!!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Simple really. Health. I have an ongoing condition which varies from day to day - I can't tell which days I'll be up to going to a match, and which days I won't be. Consequently, this modern trend of tickets in advance is no use whatsoever for me, and if you just rack up at the ground on match day, away tickets are unlikely to be on sale, so I just wander in and buy a ticket for somewhere in the stands.
Strangely, the only time I've ever had tickets in advance (apart from Wembley, and that was many years ago) was last season at Bristol City. I asked son-in-law, who lives just up the road from Ashton Gate, to get tickets for him, my daughter and me. Sorry, they told him, we're sold out. As he turned to leave, they said to him, "you can have three in the away end if you want!" So much for segregation!
That game wasnt sold out... home or away sections.... the only thing tall about you seems to be your stories....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Obviously they had made a policy decision not to open the upper tier that night. Probably worked out that unless they could actually fill it, it wouldn't be economical to do so - cheaper to concentrate all the fans into the spaces available. Fewer stewards needed and all that.

A day or two prior to the match it was announced that it was a sell-out and that no tickets were available.
Nope... not sold out by a long way mate... think again.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That game wasnt sold out... home or away sections.... the only thing tall about you seems to be your stories....

The game was announced as a sell out a day or to before the match. That may have meant that all the tickets that were available for sale had been sold - a decision had been made not to sell tickets for the upper tier. You'll have to ask Bristol City why they announced that. I'm pretty sure that the Albion also announced they had sold their allocation too.
You seem to think it's cool to go on line and call someone you've never met a liar, with no justification - so, that suggests the only thing about you seems to be that you're a bit of a cvnt.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
I must confess that I was in the directors' box at Brentford this season (unlike TB), I managed to keep relatively calm when Duffy made it 2-2, as I was under strict instructions from Mrs EP to behave. However, when Tomer Hemed equalised in the 97th minute to make it 3-3 I LOST MY SHIT totally, and there was an altercation with a Brentford player who was injured and so watching from the box, of which I am not proud.

I was then given the gamma ray treatment from Mrs EP for the journey home to Manchester, I was officially in the **** book for about three days.
:lol:Was the injured player Lewis MacLeod by any chance?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
You again? Bore off........
Nope..... as long as you post fantasy... Bristol City had many other home games last season with higher crowds than our game...

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I must confess that I was in the directors' box at Brentford this season (unlike TB), I managed to keep relatively calm when Duffy made it 2-2, as I was under strict instructions from Mrs EP to behave. However, when Tomer Hemed equalised in the 97th minute to make it 3-3 I LOST MY SHIT totally, and there was an altercation with a Brentford player who was injured and so watching from the box, of which I am not proud.

I was then given the gamma ray treatment from Mrs EP for the journey home to Manchester, I was officially in the **** book for about three days.

Excellent stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
......, and if you just rack up at the ground on match day, away tickets are unlikely to be on sale, so I just wander in and buy a ticket for somewhere in the stands.

Up until this season I rarely buy tickets in advance (only for the obvious popular ones) and not once have I had to sit in the home 'end'

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Up until this season I rarely buy tickets in advance (only for the obvious popular ones) and not once have I had to sit in the home 'end'

Fair enough. I usually try and get a seat at the side of the pitch rather than at either end, anyway. I prefer the view from there. I'm still likely to be sitting among home fans, but it's not quite the same as going in the home end (i.e. behind the goal) where it's likely to be a bit more heated.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I thought I was reading Milton Friedman then.

It doesn't make the prices fair though. Just means that those with money have the choice and those who are without are, well, without.

Indeed, well done for stating the obvious .....
In a Capitalist economy, "fair" [unfortunately] doesn't come in to it. Anything that has a finite supply and high demand will be expensive, housing and gold are two obvious examples.

And whilst [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] hates the laws of economics, unfortunately, they are what drive our capitalist markets, whether we like it or not.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Indeed, well done for stating the obvious .....
In a Capitalist economy, "fair" [unfortunately] doesn't come in to it. Anything that has a finite supply and high demand will be expensive, housing and gold are two obvious examples.

And whilst [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] hates the laws of economics, unfortunately, they are what drive our capitalist markets, whether we like it or not.

But I still don't agree, because, as I said previously, it's short termism. The club needs to keep bringing through new fans.

Kippax Streeter

Aug 1, 2017
Hi guys. City fan for 45 years. Great to see you back and wish you good luck for the season . Think you'll do well as you play good football and have a sound manager. Looking forward to first trip down since Goldstone Ground days. Any tips for decent Ale before and after? And good banter with home fans. Train gets in at 11.45 so plenty of time to enjoy the day. Cheers

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hi guys. City fan for 45 years. Great to see you back and wish you good luck for the season . Think you'll do well as you play good football and have a sound manager. Looking forward to first trip down since Goldstone Ground days. Any tips for decent Ale before and after? And good banter with home fans. Train gets in at 11.45 so plenty of time to enjoy the day. Cheers

You really can't go far wrong around the Brighton Station area. Just picking a few names quickly: Battle of Trafalgar, Prince Albert, Sussex Yeoman, Lord Nelson, Duke of Wellington and The Evening Star. Probably not the Railway Bell though.

What I don't know is how pubs will be towards away fans in town this season. Most of the time, away fans are welcome in any pubs, although I can recall a few Championship games when some went "home only".

Same pubs for after, but we have always kept all concourses open after matches and home and away fans are free to go anywhere they like. It's worth having a pint or two to allow the Falmer -> Brighton train queue to die down a bit. The club have no suggested that these mixed concourse rules are going to change this season.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

If you've got a few hours to spare then maybe a trip to the south lanes could be in order.

http://www.viewbrighton.co.uk/pubsandbars/the-lanes-area-4.html

Try this too

https://www.visitbrighton.com/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here