Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barbers Response (New Shirt)

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'd be interested, by the way, to see the original e-mail from the OP.
Me too. And I kind of wish people would stop emailing PB direct for every single gripe they have with the club. It's great that he responds (and how he responds) but surely he's got better stuff to be doing with his time.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I bought some cookies from Tesco's earlier today and although my wife enjoyed them I thought they were not very nice - bit too bitter for my taste.

Does anyone have the email address of Tesco's CEO?

That's just taking the biscuit that.

Get that chocolate chip off your shoulder, not sure I can digestive all of this

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Thank you for your email.

I’m sorry that you do not like the new shirt.

Nike apply a heat pressed sponsor logo to ALL of its shirts, including those designed for Manchester United, Manchester City, Juventus, and Barcelona. Nike do not produce a sublimated printing option (and indeed last year’s shirt which was produced using this process also received complaints because the stripes were broken – in this business of football shirt design, clubs and manufacturers will never win!).

The sponsor logo must meet American Express’ owns brand guidelines – and our shirt design means that American Express’ logo must sit within a white box as the lettering itself can only be applied to a plain background. The size of the white box is determined by The Football League and, as is the case with all shirt sponsors, American Express require the maximum space to be used. I can assure you that American Express are not ashamed of something that meets their own guidelines.

Finally, with orders for the new shirt already 400% up on the previous best ever selling Albion shirt, I don’t think the club or Nike should be ashamed of anything! Shirt design will always be entirely subjective and different views, including yours, will be expressed and are of course valid and welcome, the vast majority of supporters do not share your particular opinion

Typical Barber, he is to the Albion what Angela Knight is to Energy UK and the BBA previously.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I bought some cookies from Tesco's earlier today and although my wife enjoyed them I thought they were not very nice - bit too bitter for my taste.

Does anyone have the email address of Tesco's CEO?

I'm on it!!

Sorry mate...

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/jul/21/tesco-boss-philip-clarke-quits-profits-warning

Edit: Just seen he's leaving in October; you're in luck!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Some people would rather we received 20k a year, still had the Errea kit and have the season tickets go up another £5 per head.
Personally, I would rather the club receive 60k a year from Nike and piss off a few punters cos they dont like the shirt, and my season ticket doesn't rise even more.
(These figures are only examples, and I have no idea what the actual figures that we receive are.)

I'm team Barber on this

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why do fans share personal correspondence with the club all the time? Where's your integrity?

Regardless, it's good of the OP to share what a complete mug Barber has made of him!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here