Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs could play some home games at Amex for a season....

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Surely, the Olympic Stadium is the obvious one - sharing the rent of £2Mp.a. with West Ham as Orient will never play there.

The problem with this is that Spurs are paired with Arsenal for the purposes of fixture compilation, which means they are NOT paired with West Ham.
Therefore TH and WHU often both have home games scheduled for the same day.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Would an easier alternative of sharing with Arsenal for a season and sucking it up not be feasible? It works for Inter/AC milan and Lazio/Roma and it would only be for one season.

I find it strange how theydo this in Italy. Must be a different mentality to ours. Would you have been in favour of sharing with Palace instead of Gillingham

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Yes and they lost 2-0 to the Swiss side FC Berne

Intertwobob cup, 2 games, along with Wimbledon who played two games at the Goldstone as well. Both got banned from UEFA competitions for a year for fielding weak sides (nobody wanted to enter it and they were basically forced to) but this then got overturned.

Wonder if any other club who has never played in a european competition themselves has had their ground used for Euro club cup football?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
MK is surely the best option for their lesser games as it's on the right side of London and the transport will be less of a problem - even though it sticks in my craw to think that the Franchise will make some extra dosh out of it.

The reason Ipswich and ourselves might have been considered could be something to do with Uefa ratings in case they need to move a few Europa League ties.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
MK is surely the best option for their lesser games as it's on the right side of London and the transport will be less of a problem - even though it sticks in my craw to think that the Franchise will make some extra dosh out of it.

The reason Ipswich and ourselves might have been considered could be something to do with Uefa ratings in case they need to move a few Europa League ties.

I'm sure Stadium:Franchise would be fully inline with Uefa regs. It's a pretty new job.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

Where are the spurs fans based. Wouldn't expect many to live in London.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here