Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That makes 700 runners. Should be fun. I notice last years winners time was the course record at just over 30 minutes.

That'll give [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] something to aim for [emoji2]

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
There was 24 spots left yesterday according to their Face Book page now all 700 spaces have gone. If I hear of a drop out I'll let you know.

Thanks mate, if you could do that would be excellent. I'm far more comfortable over longer distances, I tend to get going after a few miles and step up the pace. I need to do more speed based work, more interval sessions and short sharp sprints.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Recommendation:

Everyone's feet and running style are different, of course, but after a lengthy chat with the very knowledgeable, friendly chap at Run in West Worthing I tried out and bought a pair of Pearl Izumi Road M2s.

My word. It's like putting on a golden slipper. Unbelievably comfy, and far less aches and pains after a 6mile plod than with my old, more basic running shoes.

Cost around £80 but well worth it for me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Recommendation:

Everyone's feet and running style are different, of course, but after a lengthy chat with the very knowledgeable, friendly chap at Run in West Worthing I tried out and bought a pair of Pearl Izumi Road M2s.

My word. It's like putting on a golden slipper. Unbelievably comfy, and far less aches and pains after a 6mile plod than with my old, more basic running shoes.

They're the people who sorted me out with my Brooks.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've limped over the #juneathon finishing line. Final stats:

32 runs,
158.2 miles,
9258 feet of climbing,
27,839 calories burned
and 1 personal best (half-marathon).

Time for a rest now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435704611.931678.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've limped over the #juneathon finishing line. Final stats:

32 runs,
158.2 miles,
9258 feet of climbing,
27,839 calories burned
and 1 personal best (half-marathon).

Time for a rest now.

View attachment 66500

Nice work [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and yeah, I'd take the day off :thumbsup:

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Recommendation:

Picked up some of these myself from their Hove branch. I always have an open mind when I visit Run for new shoes but wasn't expecting these at all. However - I love 'em. Really comfy and would have another pair.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Picked up some of these myself from their Hove branch. I always have an open mind when I visit Run for new shoes but wasn't expecting these at all. However - I love 'em. Really comfy and would have another pair.

Got my shoes and my favourite technical top from there. Good gear, friendly service and they let you have a little test run in the shoes.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Got my favourite shorts from Run, West Worthing. I'm still a Jog Shop man for my shoes, though.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] puts us all to shame with his efforts; it makes me feel rather churlish complaining about the negative effect the heat had on my run this morning!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Never announce your training plans in public :lolol:

Now been talked in to a PTA meeting tomorrow evening so morning progression run it is. As a plus if I get out really early it should be the driest part of the day. On the downside it'll already be about 18 degrees.

My right hamstring has started to feel a little tight at the prospect, having been fine all day.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Humid and sweaty out there but at least I managed negative splits and a pleasing-ish graph. Admittedly I went from active recovery to tempo rather than endurance to threshold but it was a lot more satisfying run than Tuesday's.

progression run.JPG

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I ran 5k early yesterday and could only just finish. That was after 3 days rest. Definitely over did pace work for the last 6 weeks. Will have to hold back for Parkrun on Saturday. Feeling good except the legs have gone on holiday. Was aiming to push it up to the start of the Ashes but got there 10 days too early.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Jeez it was hot first thing - glad for the downpours to sort out the humidity a bit.

Eight miles this morning, and it was all going so well in my quest for negative splits for four miles, and then the heat – and the fact that I'd probably taken too big chunks out of each mile caught up with me. Mile 7 was a 122ft elevation gain, too...

1 8:06
2 8.00
3 7.39
4 7.27
5 7.46
6 7.54
7 8:39
8 7.29

Total: 1:03.04

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here