Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Opinion from Boro fan board tonight

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It amuses me no end the sheer number of Boro fans who appear to be judging us on that performance in December. I hope that continues into next weekend :ohmy:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
And

"I think Brighton only know one way to play. If they came to ours having to defend i think it kind of goes against their style of play. For me their main weakness is in central defence and you only have to look at the replay of our game at the Amex to see what we need to do as for most of their games i have watched since, they haven't changed much."

There you have it

[emoji23] main weakness in central defence hilarious [emoji81]

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Middlesborough were the best team this year at the Amex (apart from us). They were bigger,faster and better on the day. They played us at the hēight of our injury crisiw. We had 8 players injured including fringe players. Only 5 players from that match will start. They are in for a surprise.

Apr 5, 2016
To be fair to them, they have won 2 more than anyone else and have the best record against teams in the top third - 2.08pts from games against sides in the top third. They've just decided to have their big wobble at the end of the season (again...).

Winning more is all well and good, but they've lost 9. That is the same as Burnley have lost in our last 2 seasons in the Championship.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Middlesborough were the best team this year at the Amex (apart from us). They were bigger,faster and better on the day. They played us at the hēight of our injury crisiw. We had 8 players injured including fringe players. Only 5 players from that match will start. They are in for a surprise.

Mind your Karma, cool your boots!!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Yet again Boro drawing but Krankie refuses to play Nugent up front with Rhodes, again tonight he swopped like for like same as last week. After 70 minutes he should have gone 442 and put pressure on Birmingham

Stop talking sense enrest it doesn't suit you

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I like this talk, I like it a lot.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If I were them I'd almost want us coming up only needing a drawer...although I do talk a lot of shite.

The misspelling is wonderfully timed!

Just teasing honest!...I agree with everything you've written and you're right about us being susceptible to set pieces. If Rosenior has to come off then I will also worry about which Bong turns up as the sub. The one at the beginning of the season please rather than the one on Saturday.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

And five of our six new starters have scored in the last five games (the odd one out being Rosenior). And we'll have Sidwell, another recent scorer, on the bench.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The misspelling is wonderfully timed!

Just teasing honest!...I agree with everything you've written and you're right about us being susceptible to set pieces. If Rosenior has to come off then I will also worry about which Bong turns up as the sub. The one at the beginning of the season please rather than the one on Saturday.

You know my posts by now, there is almost always 1 typo per 10 words. 1 typo in 5 with alcohole.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It amuses me no end the sheer number of Boro fans who appear to be judging us on that performance in December. I hope that continues into next weekend :ohmy:

It isn't just Boro fans. I think most fans in this league saw that 0-3 and thought "Ah, there we go. Brighton back to being Brighton."

Nobody considered our injury list. And even more shocking, nobody has checked their opinion in the wake of our bursting back into contention.

Football. Gotta love it.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
It isn't just Boro fans. I think most fans in this league saw that 0-3 and thought "Ah, there we go. Brighton back to being Brighton."

Nobody considered our injury list. And even more shocking, nobody has checked their opinion in the wake of our bursting back into contention.

Football. Gotta love it.

TBH they trounced us, deserved it, best team at Falmer for a long time. No questions there.

Need to go off and do some more pelvic floor exercises.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Football. Gotta love it.

Nobody other than Westham had had a better start to a season at this level either since the War...so it was very disappointing not to beat the Hammers record but share it we must...

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
TBH they trounced us, deserved it, best team at Falmer for a long time. No questions there.

Need to go off and do some more pelvic floor exercises.

They trounced a version of us. We must have had 60% of our first team out injured. I'm not denying they were a good side, they absolutely were, they still are, but the team they played in December is a shadow of the team they'll be playing next weekend.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
There's a lot of extraordinarily bad language on the 'Boro forums I've looked at , with the **** word dominating. Oh yes, and they're also extraordinarily confident they're going to beat us.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
It wasn't just the injuries though, Murphy and Hemed were lacking any kind of form and others (notably Kayal and Stephens) were knackered through sheer volume of games. We're such a different proposition now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here