Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Leon Constantine.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If we went abroad I'd love to see us go for Jose Izquierdo at Brugge. We're clearly sniffing around the Pro League and he would be a brilliant signing for us and around our levelish. I've seen him play a fair few games and he has the it factor.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
As mentioned earlier, I don't think it will be a big money signing. There was discussion about a year ago on where you get the most for your money statistically and it was always attacking midfielders and wingers.

The bottom line was that you don't get the same VFM for strikers.

I believe that we will go with the three that we have with one more being added but not necessarily the big money automatic starter some are expecting

Not sure I agree with you on that, Chris Hughton has constantly mentioned signing a striker will be the most expensive and Tony Bloom has alluded to it in his interview in the argus.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
No. Simple

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Worst case scenario would be a free kick on the edge of the box, and who's now not excited by that!

IMHO we've never had a genuinely effective one of those since Chippy. And Chippy's idea was always just to belt it on target as hard as he could. Crude but highly effective.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
IMHO we've never had a genuinely effective one of those since Chippy. And Chippy's idea was always just to belt it on target as hard as he could. Crude but highly effective.

Deffo, I thought last season, in particular, flattered to deceive.

I'm itching to say the team has vastly improved in that area with Gross and Suttner, which will hopefully be the rising tide it needs.
Dead ball play could well separate the men from the boys.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
If we went abroad I'd love to see us go for Jose Izquierdo at Brugge. We're clearly sniffing around the Pro League and he would be a brilliant signing for us and around our levelish. I've seen him play a fair few games and he has the it factor.

Isn't he a winger though? He's more of a starting 11 winger that would push Brown to the bench and a Skalak replacement

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Isn't he a winger though? He's more of a starting 11 winger that would push Brown to the bench and a Skalak replacement

Yes, 34 goals in 80 something games and last season started playing alot closer to Vossen. We could do a lot worse than going for a DOUBLE RAID for them both lol.

Who knows, it'll be someone we're totally unfamiliar with I expect.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't get all the hate for Hemed. Wood is shit. That Leeds side last year created so many chances and I know Wood scored a lot but for each one he scored he he sent five over the bar, shinned a couple out for throws or just fell over the ball. Not fit to clean Hemed's boots IMHO.

I love Tomer, but anyone who thinks he's better than Chris Wood is DRUNK. Wood scored far more goals last season, in a comfortably worse side than ours.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I'd like to think we'll pick up a few more points against such Premier League cannon-fodder as Bournemouth, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Huddersfield, Stoke, Watford, West Brom...

I think (hope ) you are right.
One thing that stood out for me had been the way Atletico were able to pass and create chances and move the ball about when surrounded by Albion defenders. I believe Knocky, Solly and Pascal are also capable of this. not so confident in Murray/Hemed. Agree with the posters on here that we need a young striker with quick feet. Cant help feeling he may come from a European club though

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Early on in thread I mentioned Lookman but also wanted to throw Patrick Roberts name out there! He's shown he's more than capable at Celtic...all be it in a tin pot league but surely City would like to see if he could cut it at Prem level before they decide to keep him or sell him on! Maybe worth a cheeky enquiry?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here